Trusted Contributor

There is a new male host and he is British. His  shows are late at night and I may admit, he is a very cute gentleman. I hope that he stays on QVC.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Yes, he is very attractive and I love the accent !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
New Contributor

I work in Human Resources at my company so I have some idea how these things work.  I have watched QVC for over 20 years and I love all the hosts!!!  They do a very good job of making us feel like we are family and I love that.  I actually care for them and get the feeling that they are my friends.  They intentionally do this- and I love it.  If I was walking thru Macys and some random girl at the counter asked me if I was looking for something I would just ignore her and keep walking.  But if I know her and she is my friend then I am more prone to stop and listen to her and take her advice about a product.  So good job QVC!  But recently our local Christian TV station replaced the main host and never said anything about it.  I even called them and asked where they went and they wouldn't tell me.  This means they were fired.  If it was something planned they would have prepped us for it, and if it was an emergency- they would still have some sort of parting tribute.  When they do nothing it means there was either a massive argument with management or they were fired.  As much as I love QVC, I HATE that they do this too.  It's especially wrong considering they spent so much time and effort to get us emotionally invested in the hosts on QVC.  When a host is there one day and gone the next- it can only mean one thing.  On the flip side- I love all the new hosts!!!  There are 2 blonde girls on Nights that I really love.  But... this means that they are planning on getting rid of people or creating a situation where a host is going to leave.  I usually spend 1000's of dollars at Christmas on QVC but this last year I spent nothing because of host issue like this.  I urge QVC to be more honest with it's viewers!!!!  As I am watching this Sandra Bennett is on TV and I love her but for all I know she could be gone tomorrow and we will never know why.  Why would I want to buy a Cottage Farms Butterfly Bush from someone who does that to people?

Respected Contributor

He is very thorough when presenting items on air.  I hope he stays as well!

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

There is a new male host and he is British. His  shows are late at night and I may admit, he is a very cute gentleman. I hope that he stays on QVC.

@Dinaki,  I've seen a couple of his presentations, and I think he's doing a great job.   His name is Anthony Heywood, he once was a host for QVC UK, and this link goes to his bio:

https://storiesandlight.com/about/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Thank you dooBdoo 

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@BrittanyRomance

If you want QVC to be more honest with you, then request that they stop trying to manipulate customers into thinking the hosts are their friends or family.

But you like that part, so you might just have to deal with the fact that friends and family sometimes move.

Esteemed Contributor

I think QVC *& HSN have discovered that gentlemen with  accents sell better!!

Honored Contributor

I recall many weeks ago when he was introduced one day on the D&C show with Gary and Carolyn. Seems like a very pleasant guy.

Honored Contributor

@BrittanyRomance.  Are you saying you think QVC should announce the reason for every host leaving?  Every corporation dismisses people for a variety of reasons but, especially in the case of firing, it's nobody's business why the person is leaving.  Do you think they should announce that Hilda won't be back because she reported to work stinking drunk?  If you work in HR,  you should know better than that.  HR personnal, especially, must keep their lips zipped and not share juicy tidbits of gossip.

The thing that galls me but doesn't seem to bother all the people who scream about stores stuffed with imported goods, why must they hire hosts from other countries?  Are there no American citizens who can do the job?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment