Frequent Contributor

I have a package en route from HSN.  As per usual I received an e-mail notification that the package had shipped.  The shipping notification e-mail includes a Track It link, which previously took me directly to tracking information.  Today for the first time both the Track It link and the Order Staus link took me to a pop up for the HSN app.  It would not permit me to access the tracking information.  I don’t want the HSN app.  I tried on both my iPad and my Kindle with the same result.  The only way I could access the tracking information was to log into my account through the HSN website.  Why would HSN try to force traffic to its app?   Will QVC follow suit?

Respected Contributor

Re: New HSN Tracking Annoyance

This has been a happening to me also. I hate this. I too had to go to my account to get the information. I don’t know why but not a good addition to me.

Respected Contributor

I don't like it either , but i wonder if it for added security , none of my other retail sites make me do this.

Respected Contributor

I was wondering about security also.

Honored Contributor

@de1rdre @MKR14 @MW in Iowa   Nothing changed with any of my HSN orders.  I can track them  the same as always.  

Respected Contributor

Pop ups of any kind are usually intended to get more people to use them. HSN wants you to use their app. It may be annoying (I don't like pop ups either) but I think it's just that simple.

Frequent Contributor

I also find this annoying. This has been ongoing for me for 2 months. I do not want to use the HSN app.

Respected Contributor

@de1rdre I order a lot of stuff from other vendors.  If there is a tracking number or tracking link, I always get to the shippers' tracking websites.  Call HSN and find out what they're doing.  

Honored Contributor

@de1rdre 

They want people to use the app. If you don’t want to use the app you can delete it. 

I deleted Amazon’s app because, every time I googled something and happened to click on an Amazon link, it took me to the app. I don’t want to use the app. 

It doesnt bothef me, at least not yet, to be taken to the HSN app to track a package. I’m just checking the tracking quickly and then closing it. Same if it takes me to a browser. 

Respected Contributor

The HSN app is being killed for ipad.  Will need to use the website.  Happens in just a few weeks.