Respected Contributor

Re: New Girls Scout Cookie Lemon-Ups

Pictures are helpful.

Honored Contributor

We get about three boxes and DH puts them in his lunch bag for work.

Esteemed Contributor

My faves are Samoas and Shortbread and my husband loves the Thin Mints.  I'll pass on the Lemon-Ups.  Does it seem a little odd to put an empowerment message on a cookie?  Seems like I need positive messaging to keep me away from the cookies.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think they would do far better in sales if they did it at a different time of year.  At this time of year a lot of people are trying to cut out the sweets after the holidays. 

I can't have a Samoa in the house.  I go to have one and next thing I know the box is empty.  I also like the peanut butter ones.   The last couple of years they haven't come by the house; they just sell in front of the stores.  But I do appreciate that the girls, themselves, are there selling rather than just the moms. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love anything lemon and when I saw they now have lemon cookies my first thought was, "I'm going to buy them."   I remember the days when I was a girl scout and darn proud to go from door to door selling those cookies.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't know why the girls just don't ask for donations, the cookies have not been good tasting for years. I have already bought the cookies to support them and just told them to resell them or donate mine.

@blackhole99  Girl Scouts learn skills by selling cookies. I hope they never quit the cookies and ask for money. There's enough of that around already. 

Thin Mints from the freezer are my favorite!!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
New Girl Scout cookie this year, Lemon-Ups.
They have empowerment messages written on them.
They look kinda like small gingersnap cookies only they are lemon.

I'll pass on these, esp the empowerment messages. Give me a Thin Mint instead!

I still miss the chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies.  Everyone in my office would buy them and I would trade my chocolate for the vanilla.  So I would go home with my vanilla and people who liked chocolate went home with all chocolateSmiley Happy

Sometimes I can find lemon snaps in the store.  I am sure the new lemon cookies will be good.  I am sure they are expensive now.  How much are they anywaySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've never understood the fervor for Girl Scout cookies. They are dry and bland to me. 

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I am just going to say this , and it is not Girl Scout shaming, but does anyone really, really like those cookies.  They are nothing more than grocery store quality cookies and overpriced at that.  Would anyone here really take a girl scout cookie over a quality, bakery or homemade cookie.  I just give them 10 or 15 dollars and skip the cookies.  The thin mints are good,  but not as good as trader joes

those little brownies and girl scouts are so darn cute and the girl scouts are such a good program I will suffer through the cookie sales.  But good Lord, they are grocery store cookies not even comparable to Peppridge  farms.  

I agree with you. I always tell those sweet hopefuls that I can’t eat sugar so I will make a donation.They seem to be happy with that but I honestly think those cookies are the worst.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, I shouldn't buy the cookie with an empowerment message on them. I'll have to pick up a box or two.