Honored Contributor

New Girls Scout Cookie Lemon-Ups

New Girl Scout cookie this year, Lemon-Ups.
They have empowerment messages written on them.
They look kinda like small gingersnap cookies only they are lemon.

I'll pass on these, esp the empowerment messages. Give me a Thin Mint instead!
Super Contributor

Re: New Girls Scout Cookie Lemon-Ups

@Pearlee not a lemon lover but can't wait to get thin mints, Samoas and trefoils.  Brings back memories of when girl scouts used to go door to door.  Now they sell in front of grocery stores in our town.  I love seeing how excited they get when they sell the cookies.

Honored Contributor

I am just going to say this , and it is not Girl Scout shaming, but does anyone really, really like those cookies.  They are nothing more than grocery store quality cookies and overpriced at that.  Would anyone here really take a girl scout cookie over a quality, bakery or homemade cookie.  I just give them 10 or 15 dollars and skip the cookies.  The thin mints are good,  but not as good as trader joes

those little brownies and girl scouts are so darn cute and the girl scouts are such a good program I will suffer through the cookie sales.  But good Lord, they are grocery store cookies not even comparable to Peppridge  farms.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know why the girls just don't ask for donations, the cookies have not been good tasting for years. I have already bought the cookies to support them and just told them to resell them or donate mine.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I am just going to say this , and it is not Girl Scout shaming, but does anyone really, really like those cookies.  They are nothing more than grocery store quality cookies and overpriced at that.  Would anyone here really take a girl scout cookie over a quality, bakery or homemade cookie.  I just give them 10 or 15 dollars and skip the cookies.  The thin mints are good,  but not as good as trader joes

those little brownies and girl scouts are so darn cute and the girl scouts are such a good program I will suffer through the cookie sales.  But good Lord, they are grocery store cookies not even comparable to Peppridge  farms.  

i purchase them for two reasons.......

it is a fundraising effort that goes to support a good cause and the money stays local.

i actually DO like the thin mints (so delicious when they are frozen), the caramel delites, and the peanut butter patties. my adult children like them also so they do not last very long.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gramgrandkids1 wrote:

@Pearlee not a lemon lover but can't wait to get thin mints, Samoas and trefoils.  Brings back memories of when girl scouts used to go door to door.  Now they sell in front of grocery stores in our town.  I love seeing how excited they get when they sell the cookies.

Shekitty said

they do get excited.  I have seen them argue amongst each other as to who will get the next customer.  They love it.  They also get great prizes for selling too....and badges.

Honored Contributor

You're right they are not the best but there is just something about them.

The thin mints so minty, the peanut butter. I don't know maybe it's the familiarity of them and yes the happy excited faces when you buy them.

Plus I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout. Probably my favorite memories were the cookies! and telling ghost stories in a tent!Woman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

The cookies are simply OK; we will only eat trefoils, thin mints, and the peanut butter ones which I think are do-si-does.   Thankfully we no longer have a GS connection, and don’t have to buy cookies.  

Last year, I bet we were given a minimum of 18 boxes of Girl Scout cookies and 10 bags of Boy Scout popcorn!   Pallets of these treats are donated to VA facilities, and with all the visits we made thru the doors of 2 facilities, we had more cookies in this house during those giveaway months than we’ve had in this house in the 38 years we’ve been here!   We stuck them in the freezer, sharing with Home Health nurses, my mom, and our daughters boyfriends.   

The cookie giveaways usually start in April.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a Brownie, Junior and Cadet Scout years ago. I have fond memories of my father walking my sister and I through the neighborhood selling cookies door-to-door. I purchase a supply of cookies every year. My all-time favorite are and always have been  the peanut butter patties, now called Tagalongs.

Honored Contributor

If I remember the cookies were 25 cents in 1958, ans seemed to go up 50 cents a box for a long, long time.  How much are they now.  I do not buy them, just slip them money as I said in previous post.