Respected Contributor

New Dooney Collection but not on Qvc yet....

Respected Contributor

Re: New Dooney Collection but not on Qvc yet....

Lots of options with this collection.  I'm sure Qvc will offer 5ezp and maybe this will be a tsv?  Haven't bought a new Dooney in awhile,  There is one Dooney I own that is perfect except it has no feet on the bottom.  Can't believe they made satchels without them.  I should have returned it.  The color is a good neutral for this time of year but I hate that it doesn't have feet.  

Respected Contributor

As I look at this new satchel, I can see a problem.  When you open it, the front handle will not stay down and get in the way.  This style of bag has been done before by Makowsky and it didn't sell well at all with tons of returns.  

Honored Contributor

I had a 'saddlebag' closing type of purse many yrs ago. There's a greater than zero chance the thin vertical strap doesn't make it through the metal opening if using on a daily basis. Am I the only one? Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Looks very heavy!
Honored Contributor

The large Cristina is nice in Olive

Product image is missing!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

The large Cristina is nice in Olive

Product image is missing!

I had a vintage Dooney very much like this. It was ivy and navy and I got it used, but it came with a registry card because it had been repaired by Dooney. I was so excited to get it, but it was unlined inside and had only a few credit card slots for organization. I was really disappointed and ended up giving it away to Goodwill when I moved last year.

It looks like this has a red lining and at least one zip pocket, which is nice. I like the purple and the blue shades.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am always kind of hoping they bring back that cabriolet fabric, especially for those cool weekenders.  I know there are some available on ebay.  I also know they are rather heavy for today's travel. 

They were probably meant to put in the back of your convertible while you drive along some romantic coast, only to stop at your favorite inn surrounded by fresh-scented pines where everything is energized by the fragrance of ocean air.  And maybe a hotel employee would carry the bag in for you while you admire how it looks as it makes its way up to your room in the hands of the handsome bellman.

See, a whole different era!

I like the one you posted, birdmama.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I hate bags that have the shoulder strap (usually removable) AND the hand straps.  I want JUST the shoulder straps.  Wish that would come back into fashion . . . 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

ITA. Having the handles permanently stand up instead of folding down...looks funny when utilizing the shoulder strap. The handles stick halfway up your torso...weird.