Honored Contributor

New Cookbook 'Skinnytaste' On QVC !

I'm always looking for healthy recipes, and about a year ago I stumbled on skinnytaste.com, a cooking blog from Gina Homolka. I love her recipes, and she has a wide variety: gluten free, vegetarian, etc. She also lists Weight Watcher points for anyone on the WW program.

She has five million followers of her blog!

There are hundreds of her free recipes online but now she's also come out with a cookbook and it was featured on the Q today, David's usual spot.

Here's the link for anyone interested in the presentation:

http://www.qvc.com/The-Skinnytaste-Cookbook-by-Gina-Homolka.product.F11657.html?sc=F11657-24HR&cm_s...

I've preordered her book, I can't wait to get it!

The Skinnytaste Cookbook by Gina Homolka - F11657

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: New Cookbook 'Skinnytaste' On QVC !

Noel, check out Amazon for a lower price and free shipping with Prime. Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like a great cookbook!Smile

Honored Contributor

On 9/17/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

Noel, check out Amazon for a lower price and free shipping with Prime. Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like a great cookbook!Smile

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I looked at it on Amazon. I like her recipes, but I just don't use cookbooks anymore. I have at least 100...and many of them are ones that are about low-cal, low-fat cooking.

After 30+ years of cooking I can figure out how to cook most meals without the use of a cookbook. If I'm trying something different, I can take the time to scan the cookbooks I have, or I can quickly look it up online.

This would be a great book for a new cook. Just not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Jill and David both acted like this was a new concept. I have a million of low calorie, low fat cookbooks. I agree for a new cook this might be good.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

On 9/17/2014 september said:

I looked at it on Amazon. I like her recipes, but I just don't use cookbooks anymore. I have at least 100...and many of them are ones that are about low-cal, low-fat cooking.

After 30+ years of cooking I can figure out how to cook most meals without the use of a cookbook. If I'm trying something different, I can take the time to scan the cookbooks I have, or I can quickly look it up online.

This would be a great book for a new cook. Just not for me.

I inherited almost 200 cookbooks from my mother, which included some from her mother. And I built that up on my own Smile

There's always something new to learn, which is the great thing about newer books. I've been collecting recipes lately which are based on Vietnamese cooking, very popular lately. I have a few also for what they're calling cauliflower rice, but I have yet to try that. I could go on, but will just say, there's a lot that's new.

Respected Contributor

For some reason this thread just reminded me of the oprah book In the Kitchen with Rosie I just had to have that book but I never made one recipe from it. I should get it out maybe I'll want to make something.

Respected Contributor

On 9/17/2014 lovescats said:

For some reason this thread just reminded me of the oprah book In the Kitchen with Rosie I just had to have that book but I never made one recipe from it. I should get it out maybe I'll want to make something.

I also bought the Rosie book when Oprah had it on her show and I liked everything I made, but I wanted to let you know that Oprah likes everything very heavily spiced and it was way too much for me. So now whenever I make anything from that cookbook, I cut the spices in half and it's perfect. Thought I'd mention it in case you decide to start experimenting with it. Smile

I saw the Skinnytaste cookbook and hopped on the advance order. The recipes look delicious, especially that mac & cheese recipe with broccoli added. I'm a cookbook collector, so I'm anxious to get it.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion Noel! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Like others, I 'adopt' cookbooks along with other things but I like pouring over them. It's a type of therapy.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust