Esteemed Contributor

Re: New CA order for masks required in public

The anti-maskers' argument is they do no good and are in fact a health risk.  They have all kinds of info to back it up.   They are quire vigilant,  especially in Orange County.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

The anti-maskers' argument is they do no good and are in fact a health risk.  They have all kinds of info to back it up.   They are quire vigilant,  especially in Orange County.

@Wsmom, the most recent studies show that wearing a face cover can make a very big difference. I'm not sure what info these quite vigilant anti-maskers have.

They come across in a manner that doesn't bring science or knoweldge to mind.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom, the most recent studies show that wearing a face cover can make a very big difference. I'm not sure what info these quite vigilant anti-maskers have.

Probably Twitter, Facebook, conspiracy sites and the like.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only wear a mouth diaper at work because we are being forced to if we are in proximity to one another and at the grocery store and wear it below my nose to breathe. Two weeks ago on a not so crowded Sunday afteroon, I witnessed an elderly woman being carried out at the grocery store since she passed out wearing a mask.  Two woman employees were talking about the incident.  Very sad.  However, I am noticing more people are removing them as I do when I can't breathe well in a hot store.  The real reaons behind these mask have nothing to do with a virus!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Evidence...The truth is out there, probably in the twilight zone.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, I’m sure you have read my postings about my DD, who caught the virus, and was lucky to recuperate at home.  Also, my DH’s nephew, a doctor treating virus victims in a hospital right outside a heavily hit city.  in addition, a man my DH knows was hospitalized for four weeks, spent a few weeks in a rehab facility, and is home now.  Still recuperating.

Sometimes I wonder if all the experts have erred in not describing the effects of this virus in a more graphic manner.

The necessary treatments are really frightening.  Oh well, it likely would make no difference.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

I'm so glad to hear this as only good can come from it. Those who cannot wear one in the heat will have to find alternate ways to shop or only go out in the morning.  Can't wait to see those numbers go down!  Yay, CA!!!!!!!!!

I live in Arizona and always wear a mask when I go out of the house so heat is not an excuse. As you said: rearrange your schedule for the coolest part of the day.Smiley Happy

@RealtyGal2 Didn't the Sheriff from Pinal County test positive for covid19...I believe that's what I read from another resident in AZ and if so, that's really bad since it's a remote county with not much but mobile parks.  .  

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom, the most recent studies show that wearing a face cover can make a very big difference. I'm not sure what info these quite vigilant anti-maskers 

I am not disagreeing with you.  I am just saying there is a very vigilant group of anti-maskers; therefore, regardless of what Newsome says, there will be a number of people who will still not be wearing them.  They have a site to go to for your card saying I don't have to wear one, and per HIPAA I don't have to tell you why; in other words, claiming medical issues.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom  I must agree with @suzyQ3 @as I’ve seen very recent info (today!) on the news demonstrating what a difference masks can make. I suspect the anti-maskers just believe the virus will magically fade away. 

Trusted Contributor

I am grateful to our governor.  It seems like it is best to be over-cautious.

A letter  from the Costco CEO on their website is beautifully explained.  In essence saying it might be over cautious, but it

is better that way than taking any chances.

Here on the coast, I have not seen anyone without a mask inside

stores.

The San Francisco mayor, London Breed, over a month ago, made masks a requirement if you plan to go inside any business.

She also said, don't act like the police if you aren't the police.

It is best to say nothing if you encounter an occasional

person without face covering.  Good advice.