Valued Contributor

Re: New CA order for masks required in public

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Better soak up the love now CA residents. Wildfire season is coming and soon we'll have all the threads dedicated to wondering how anyone with an ounce of common sense would live in the pit of hell called California. 

Trust me...it's coming! Smiley Very Happy

@SusieQ_2 PG&E's obsolete infrastructure and the time and money it will take to replace it seems to be the hair trigger.  I pray there are no more fires and that leadership will know what to do if there is.  So many regulations in your beautiful state and yet nothing seems to protect CA from PG & E.  Incomprehensible for the 5th wealthiest economy in the world. Love CA.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Better soak up the love now CA residents. Wildfire season is coming and soon we'll have all the threads dedicated to wondering how anyone with an ounce of common sense would live in the pit of hell called California. 

@SusieQ_2 PG&E's obsolete infrastructure and the time and money it will take to replace it seems to be the hair trigger.  I pray there are no more fires and that leadership will know what to do if there is.  So many regulations in your beautiful state and yet nothing seems to protect CA from PG & E.  Incomprehensible for the 5th wealthiest economy in the world. Love CA.   

Governor Newsom is thinking about de-privatizing it.  We're fortunate in our neighborhood that our lines are underground.  After the Camp fire, rolling blackouts began that affected many areas.  We've never been cut off since we're underground but many surrounding areas have.  

Esteemed Contributor

I visited family in Kentucky this past week and was beginning to wonder if anybody besides my family and me wore them.  Most of the restaurants didn't even require their employees to wear them. Very few people at Walmart were wearing them. So odd to see different attitudes about masks.

Esteemed Contributor

Wherever I go in Connecticut, so far everyone wears a mask.  It protects the wearer of the mask.  It protects others.  We have had over 4,000 deaths here, so I don’t think people have to be convinced this virus is real and very dangerous.

Some people elsewhere may be digging in on this.  “Nobody is going to tell me what I have to do.”  Really?  First, some do not believe in science.  Information is still evolving about this new virus, and some refuse to evolve with it.  

Every day, in so many ways, everyone follows rules.  Part of society, for the protection of you and for the protection of others.  If one gets caught disobeying rules, “I don’t want to be told what to do” will not go far.  I wish some would think of how many laws revolve around public health issues.

But I guess that it is wishful thinking for some.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Governor Newsom is thinking about de-privatizing it.  We're fortunate in our neighborhood that our lines are underground.  After the Camp fire, rolling blackouts began that affected many areas.  We've never been cut off since we're underground but many surrounding areas have.  

@Linmo @germanshepherdlove, unless they do an amazing turnaround, I hope that the state will at least take some control away from them. It's just not working.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Linmo @germanshepherdlove, unless they do an amazing turnaround, I hope that the state will at least take some control away from them. It's just not working.

All I know is, every time PG&E is found guilty, or pleads guilty, my PG&E bill goes up.

I'm tired of paying for their mistakes.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@PatzB 

I saw a message regarding one of my comments and wanted you to know I saw it and, yes, I did find it interesting! I ended spending an hour or so reading about the families, the spouses, the ex-spouses etc. and really enjoyed it.

I'm taking a chance that the poster was you because it's gone now but I wanted you to know I saw it (if it was indeed you!). If not, just ignore this, lol. 

There was another post by someone else on the same topic but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the poster. 

Anyway, sorry for this little break in the conversation. I hope everyone is having a good day today! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I visited family in Kentucky this past week and was beginning to wonder if anybody besides my family and me wore them.  Most of the restaurants didn't even require their employees to wear them. Very few people at Walmart were wearing them. So odd to see different attitudes about masks.

@wildcat fan 

I live in Kentucky and mask wearing is very hit and miss here.

The 2 stores where I do most of my food shopping ask you to wear them but I have seen a few customers not doing so (although in both stores, most customers do and all staff do).  Forget the Krogers closest to me.  It's a free for all.  Same thing at Home Depot and Lowe's which I've gone to a couple of times.

I went out to eat last weekend, we were the only people in the restaurant at first (we went when opened up in the morning for breakfast), the staff all had masks and gloves and were lovely.  And we wore our masks whenever we were away from our table (as they requested).

I walk all the time in the neighborhood and rarely see anyone wearing a mask outside but I don't either.  I do, however, stay a good distance away from other walkers and runners.

Our governor asks everyone to wear a mask but I wish he would make it mandatory, I really do.

Contributor

Good luck enforcing it Mr. Newsome.

Wearing one is one thing.  Wearing it over one's face is another...

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Same in Maryland,  We all agree they can be uncomfortable, but everyone wears their mask

Our State's numbers reflect the cautious, thoughtful guidance from our Governor, including continuing to wear a mask.

I'm grateful we all seem to be able to be considerate of our neighbor.