Respected Contributor

"Now and Then"  Produced via AI. It's okay, might grow on me. Video will be released tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Beatles Song Released

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

"Now and Then"  Produced via AI. It's okay, might grow on me. Video will be released tomorrow.

@PickyPicky3 @I'll be checking it out !

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 

I heard it earlier today and need to hear it again.

My first impression was that it was OK, but not remarkable.  However, the emotion I felt listening to it was considerable.

I grew up with them, saw them in 1966 and have many albums.  Not a rabid fan, but it brings back many good memories from long ago.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I would have DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN if I could have ever see "The Beatles" in person!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Our local Radio DJ mentioned yesterday on his show he was in a local store and mentioned the Beatles while checking out.  The Gen Z employee said "Oh I just recently learned about them!"  

Last summer my DDIL went to a bakery to have an Elvis Presley birthday cake made since that is what my GD wanted.  The young woman working there asked her "Who is that?"  I was like NOOOOOOOOOO.  Beatles and Elvis everyone should always know unitl the end of time who they were. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

This song sounds like it should be on Lennon's 'Double Fantasy' album and not a Beatles song, per se.   

I'd love to know @Pearlee what your thoughts are re this song?

Esteemed Contributor

@frankenfinch wrote:

This song sounds like it should be on Lennon's 'Double Fantasy' album and not a Beatles song, per se.   

I'd love to know @Pearlee what your thoughts are re this song?

@frankenfinch  I agree with you ,  listened to it earlier .  It sounds like it should be on the Double Fantasy album.   Yes  wonder what @Pearlee thinks of it 🤔

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@PickyPicky3 

My first impression was that it was OK, but not remarkable.  However, the emotion I felt listening to it was considerable.

I grew up with them, saw them in 1964 and have many albums.  Not a rabid fan, but it brings back many good memories from long ago.

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@PickyPicky3 

I grew up with them, saw them in 1964 and have many albums.  Not a rabid fan, but it brings back many good memories from long ago.

@Witchy Woman   I can't imagine how fantastic a memory to have seen the Beatles !!   I've seen Paul McCartney several times in concert going back to 1975 the first time and was beyond thrilled very one of those times !   It was like I was in a dream ,  was surreal !  Seeing the Beatles though ....Wow!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

@LTT1 

Yes, it was amazing to have been in Busch Stadium in August of 1966 to see them on one of their few stops in the US.  

My memory keeps saying it was 64, but in checking the info, I see it was 1966.  Still a long time ago Cat LOL

I was 15.  It was very hot and raining.  No one cared Cat LOL

My older sis got the tickets, but cannot remember the details of how she got them.  Not my ticket, but found this image.  Look at the price!

We couldn't see or hear them very well.  It was madness all around us.  It was over in a flash and they exited the stadium very near where we sat.  I could see their faces and stopped breathing for a few seconds as they waved to the crowd.

Here is a link to the story about that visit:

The Beatles concert at Busch Stadium in St. Louis on Aug 21, 1966 (the-paulmccartney-project.com)

So, while the song didn't measure up to my memories, it still left an imprint of those 4 young, sweet-faced musicians I so loved at that age.  

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Thank you for sharing about your terrific experience!

Yes...I looked for the price almost right away! WOW 

My first experience was when the Beatles performed on "The Ed Sullivan" show in 1964! I was staying with family friends whose parents were friends of my parents. They had two children, a girl and a boy, approximately my age one year older and one year younger!

I remember those two saying "we're going to watch "The Beatles" on Ed Sullivan and can't wait!" 
I remember being clueless about it all ... until I "caught" their enthusiasm and that of the audience too!

I remember that time in the US as being thrilling!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~