Honored Contributor

Re: New Beatles Song Released

The Beatles were a little bit before my time, so I don’t have that same emotional attachment to them but I do know their catalog quite well. I went through a major Beatles period in college.

I like a little better listening a second time but not much. It’s…. plodding and slow. Heavy. Weighted down? Not sure how to discribe. It’s definitely not catchy. I can’t even remember the melody right now to hum it which is not typical for a Beatles song.

I agree the video was weird and not pleasant.

All-in-all, it’s not awful but subpar for them.
Frequent Contributor

@Pearlee  Well said. I agree this song is not up to Beatles' standard and should have been left in the vault. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

@LTT1 

Yes, it was amazing to have been in Busch Stadium in August of 1966 to see them on one of their few stops in the US.  

My memory keeps saying it was 64, but in checking the info, I see it was 1966.  Still a long time ago Cat LOL

I was 15.  It was very hot and raining.  No one cared Cat LOL

My older sis got the tickets, but cannot remember the details of how she got them.  Not my ticket, but found this image.  Look at the price!

We couldn't see or hear them very well.  It was madness all around us.  It was over in a flash and they exited the stadium very near where we sat.  I could see their faces and stopped breathing for a few seconds as they waved to the crowd.

Here is a link to the story about that visit:

The Beatles concert at Busch Stadium in St. Louis on Aug 21, 1966 (the-paulmccartney-project.com)

So, while the song didn't measure up to my memories, it still left an imprint of those 4 young, sweet-faced musicians I so loved at that age.  

@Witchy Woman   all I can say is WOW !   What a wonderful memory to have for the rest of your life to have seen the actual Beatles !  $5.50 for  a ticket fir the most iconic , truly phenomenal band of all time is amazing !    There will never be a band that could come close ,  was a once in a lifetime .  I feel at 15 though I wouldn't have realized how truly lucky I was to be there and witnessed the Fab 4 !  You probably didn't either .  Seeing Paul McCartney I was a little older not much ,  and it will always be one of the major highlights in my life,  each time !!

Esteemed Contributor

@cornicopia wrote:

I like the song.  I miss The Beatle sound,

so this brings one more to enjoy!

Now and then I miss many people who have passed on in my life.  And this song says what I feel.   

@cornicopia   "in My Life " I feel the same when I hear that song , one my top 5 songs by the Beatles 

Honored Contributor

1. @Kitty Galore wrote:

@cornicopia wrote:

I like the song.  I miss The Beatle sound,

so this brings one more to enjoy!

Now and then I miss many people who have passed on in my life.  And this song says what I feel.   

@cornicopia   "in My Life " I feel the same when I hear that song , one my top 5 songs by the Beatles 

@Kitty Galore  I agree about In My Life. And it's far superior to the new song. It's in my Top 5 Beatles fave songs too. 🙂