Highlighted
Honored Contributor

New Attitude at Evine?

[ Edited ]

About 2 weeks ago I  wrote a critical one-star review on a clothing item at Evine.  Yesterday I got an email explaining how I could return it for a full refund.  Today, I got this.  Although I'm not sure how they propose to "resolve this", I'm thinking maybe they've seen the light.   Note: they also now have a "social team".

20190514_181701.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Try it. See what they are willing to do to satisfy you. I'm curious. Have never been a fan of Ervine, it's products or their business ethics so the "Social Team" has me ROFLing. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Re: New Attitude at Evine?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  I saw those pants....were they a TS?What did you NOT like about them? Just curious. I do order occasionally from Evine fashions....once in a while what I order gets returned.....but most items really OK. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.  The only thing I liked was the nice pale yellow color.  The design on them was a cheap-looking decal...rightside up on one leg, upside down on the other; very cheap thin overly stretchy see through fabric; at the bottom of the poly knit leg was an attempted tulip cuff that was totally unhemed with just raw edges showing.  This item was a study in how to make a garment on the cheap.

Esteemed Contributor

About a year ago there were reports that Amazon was in talks with Evine to buy them out.  Maybe the "new attitude" is a result of the "talks".  I haven't seen any follow up reports about the negotiations so don't know if they are still active.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp.  I hadn't heard those rumors.  They change CEOs often; I wonder who it is now?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, this is the latest on Evine's CEO and status.  Apparently talks with Amazon either fell apart or are going on in secret.  The following is the complete article.

Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal
May 3, 2019, 2:53pm CDT Updated May 3, 2019, 4:08pm EDT

Multimedia shopping network Evine Live Inc. has named a new CEO and landed a $6 million investment from Invicta Watch Group.

The Eden Prairie-based company named Tim Peterman as its new top executive, effective immediately. He served as the company's chief operating offers and chief financial officer up until April 2018. Peterman succeeds former CEO Bob Rosenblatt, who will remain on Evine's board.

This is the second major shakeup on Evine's executive team this year — Anne Martin-Vachon left her position as Evine's president in January.

Evine (NASDAQ: EVLV), also received a $6 million cash infusion from Hollywood, Fla.-based Invicta, which has advertised with Evine for more than 20 years. Invicta CEO Eyal Lalo will join Evine's board of directors as its vice chairman.

"Fostering an entrepreneurial, fast-moving culture in which leaders and employees work to produce amazing results will be an important strategy for us," Lalo said in a statement. "Tim and I look forward to playing a more active role in Evine's future."

In January, Evine received a note from Nasdaq, warning the company that it was in danger of being delisted due to its stock trading below $1 for 30 consecutive business days.

Evine is Minnesota's 35th-largest public company with roughly $645 million in annual revenue.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Was't  Mr. Peterman,  Elaine's boss on Seinfeld?   Lol!

Valued Contributor

Re: New Attitude at Evine?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 , I'm one who happens to love Evine.  I had a similar experience with the Social Team also.  I was watching a presentation about a jewelry item I purchased last year.  It wasn't cheap ($300) and the hinge broke the second time I went to wear it.  I have a huge amount of jewelry so it's not unusual for me to not wear a new item until a long time has passed.  Even though it was long past the allowed return period, I wrote a review mentioning how the hinge was of very poor quality.  Lo and behold, not long after, I received an email from the Social Team to return the item for a full refund even though it was purchased long ago.  I was floored.  I returned it and was indeed refunded.  I thought it was such a nice and very unexpected gesture.  I purchase many items from Evine and have been very pleased with them.

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane.  That was amazing!  They've always been so rigid with their policies and procedures, maybe somebody finally realized they lose good customers that way.