Honored Contributor

Re: Never have I experienced such Toxic filthy air like right now in Seattle area!

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Are the fires in your state still going? I know California has just horrible fires, i thought i read there was some in your state .

@goldensrbest     Yes... up north of us there are still areas in Washington  with active fires  .. the smoke we are choking from now came off the ocean like a big blob from the California fires due to the winds pushing it inland.   Normally the air off the ocean cools and cleans the air for us... but the smoke is coming in  instead.... 

Honored Contributor

Re: Never have I experienced such Toxic filthy air like right now in Seattle area!

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Are the fires in your state still going? I know California has just horrible fires, i thought i read there was some in your state .

@goldensrbest     Yes... up north of us there are still areas in Washington  with active fires  .. the smoke we are choking from now came off the ocean like a big blob from the California fires due to the winds pushing it inland.   Normally the air off the ocean cools and cleans the air for us... but the smoke is coming in  instead.... 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden, on behalf of my state, I sincerely apologize!Smiley Sad

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden, on behalf of my state, I sincerely apologize!Smiley Sad

@suzyQ3     Oh lets blame Oregon too! 

Honored Contributor

I would not make it in that air.  I have COPD.  Did you see the family that did a baby reveal and the gadget blew up and started a fire?  What is wrong with people.  I hope you will be okay.  Stay indoors.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of my first cousins lives within 30 miles of two of the fires in California.  She has already experienced a weird attack that appeared to be caused by a lack of sufficient oxygen.

My heart goes out to all who are suffering through this "early" cataclysmic climate change.  On the evening news last night, California Governor Newsom said that this sort of extreme condition had been predicted for 2040, 2050 or 2060.  No one thought that it would arrive this soon. 

To all of you who are affected by this tragedy, please stay safe and well.

It's like one assault wrapped around another assault on your well-being.

Esteemed Contributor

Right now Seattle in coming at 198, Longview 185, Portland 293, and further south Eugene 446.  The wind must better up north.

A BF's mother is in Silverton at 536.  The highest I can see is Madras at 619.  I know Madras and dare I say Starbucks 😂

The ones I feel sorry for those out the state fair grounds who been moved twice.  You just know there is a girl little crying for a doll or a baby needing diapers.  Grownup can suck it up but kids....would guess not much to go home to.

I will take my smoke.

Esteemed Contributor

I have kids and grands in both Seattle and Southern California and extended family south of Portland. A lot of praying going on but thankfully all are still safe except for air quality. It's all so heartbreaking. 

Honored Contributor

The air looks filthy! Hope you get relief soon. The weather app on my phone says our air quality is very good. I've started checking it daily, along with the mold and pollen count.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The fires, along with all types of weather, increasing in severity, are ramifications of climate change.

Until we do something about it, things will get worse.

Scary stuff.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Right now Seattle in coming at 198, Longview 185, Portland 293, and further south Eugene 446.  The wind must better up north.

A BF's mother is in Silverton at 536.  The highest I can see is Madras at 619.  I know Madras and dare I say Starbucks 😂

The ones I feel sorry for those out the state fair grounds who been moved twice.  You just know there is a girl little crying for a doll or a baby needing diapers.  Grownup can suck it up but kids....would guess not much to go home to.

I will take my smoke.

Those numbers are Air Quality Index (AQI), right?

The closest monitoring station to me says mine is 24. 

This is terrible.