Honored Contributor

Re: Nevada's "BURNING MAN" festival

@chickenbutt wrote:

That reminds me that one year, when we actually got measurable snow, I saved a bunch of it.  I put it into several large Lock & Locks and into one of my freezers.

Then a year or so later (probably during spring or summer) I pulled it all out and piled it up in the backyard for Ru to play in.  I got a few pics.  It was pretty cute!  He loved it!  Smiley Happy

LOL;  yet another great use for Lock'n'Lock.  8)

Did you grab some from Flagstaff, AZ or another desert locale that gets decent snow?

You have a great freezer for sure!

Ru tunneling through snow and galloping all around must be a sight to revel in.  Smiley Very Happy

Nothing like a fur coat and Sottish heritage for loving cold weather, hehe.

Tarz, an the other hand, wonders why the tropics aren't everywhere.  8)

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Hey CB!!  The pictures of RU with the snow weren't  "pretty cute", they were amazingly cute, LOL!  That dog is just cute, cute cute.

I think we should invent an ice man suit, and go!  Do they have portable air conditioned suits, LOL?

The nights there are really gorgeous.  I have seen photos, but have never gone.  I cannot believe what these guys come up with.  That said, most are genius level or pretty dang close to genius. 

Respected Contributor

oh I love the burning man - I always check out the pics every year.  One year, I will get there.  such a cool festival

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Especially for shoekitty:

creative-class-36-638.jpg (638×479)

burning-man-5.jpg (640×409)

ce7780e054233_600x450_52cf2fba39.jpg (600×450)

bmnight-29.jpg (545×363)

3aebf82e1a0c1ce67e2a8fa444175fa8.jpg (736×490)

truth-is-beauty-sculpture-at-burning-man5.jpg (640×427)

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the wowza pictures, feline groovy and shoekitty!!!

Honored Contributor

I'd love to see it at least once.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It's a Wiccan /Druid/ Pagan Cermemony/Event .  How primative.  And I thought we Native Americans were considered primative and savage.

NO, it is not! And by the way there is nothing primitive and savage about it. It's a festival of creaativity where people build amazing structures, create music, theater, dance, a myriad of interactive things. A sculptor I know goes every year, and he couldn't be more moderate in his lifestyle than he already is.  He is not Wiccan, Druid, Pagan, primative, nor savage.I also know an arborist who goes to it and builds concepts there with others who plan a year ahead. There is every kind of person at that festival from every kind of lifestyle, background, philosophy, and career choice.  Any time there is a crowd of people, there will be some bad elements, but the good at that advent always outnumber the bad. Were it not for the desert heat, I myself would go and marvel at the sights. When I was in my 20's I could stand the heat; not now.

Honored Contributor

Image result for greg solberg, burning man festival;

Greg Solberg engineer at Tesla made electric cars like bunny slippers.  One of my favorites is the electric car like a couch!

Trusted Contributor

I would so love to attend with my grands with my younger self.

Honored Contributor

Holy Wow!  Those pics are spectacular, FG!