Honored Contributor

Re: Nevada's "BURNING MAN" festival

So cool!  I love the art but I would be no good at the barter thing.   Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It's a Wiccan /Druid/ Pagan Cermemony/Event .  How primative.  And I thought we Native Americans were considered primative and savage.

what an odd comment.  

First, that you think the Burning Man Festival is a Pagan festival and second that you assume people think Native Americans are primitive and savage.  Not to mention you also seem to think Pagans, Wiccans and Druids are primitive and savage.  

It takes all kinds here, but this one has me really shaking my head.

~Enough is enough~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It's a Wiccan /Druid/ Pagan Cermemony/Event .  How primative.  And I thought we Native Americans were considered primative and savage.

what an odd comment.  

First, that you think the Burning Man Festival is a Pagan festival and second that you assume people think Native Americans are primitive and savage.  Not to mention you also seem to think Pagans, Wiccans and Druids are primitive and savage.  

I agree.

Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:
@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

what an odd comment.  

I agree.

Ok, OK,  the above words has already been written to Love Roses..... no need for people to keep jumping on her for her views and understandings of the world.  We do not know the path she traveled to have formed her understanding.  But she has the right to have her understanding as all of us have the right to have our understandings of the world.  

All of us I am sure had to stand alone in some of our views.  But to have others to keep saying bad unkind words to her is showing the readers that some are unkind to her with their understandings.  

The Burning Man festival is a major group of all kinds of people enjoying each others differences and NONE of them are clones in their ideas and understandings of their kind of celebrations.  Maybe it would be Great if this tiny forum would rise to such places to give each other the respect to let others Be and have their own views of the world because we all have traveled different paths.  We should also celebrate each others differences.  

Love Roses has a good heart and sweet spirit.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

So cool!  I love the art but I would be no good at the barter thing.   Smiley Sad

I think that's overstated.  I know a lot of the participants bring something to give away. They used to barter them but that changed years ago.   One year I made her a bunch of those neck things you soak in water to take.

I know she packs in all the food and supplies they need for the week.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

what an odd comment.  

I agree.

Ok, OK,  the above words has already been written to Love Roses..... no need for people to keep jumping on her for her views and understandings of the world.  We do not know the path she traveled to have formed her understanding.  But she has the right to have her understanding as all of us have the right to have our understandings of the world.  

All of us I am sure had to stand alone in some of our views.  But to have others to keep saying bad unkind words to her is showing the readers that some are unkind to her with their understandings.  

The Burning Man festival is a major group of all kinds of people enjoying each others differences and NONE of them are clones in their ideas and understandings of their kind of celebrations.  Maybe it would be Great if this tiny forum would rise to such places to give each other the respect to let others Be and have their own views of the world because we all have traveled different paths.  We should also celebrate each others differences.  

For clarification.  My words were not unkind. They were my opinion of her overly broad stereotyping of both a belief system and the people of this forum.  I am in no need of a lecture.  

~Enough is enough~
Trusted Contributor

Stupid event - loser draw.

Esteemed Contributor

II's one thing to have an opinion based on facts. It's quite another to have one based on ignorance and misinformation.

SMH
Trusted Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
II's one thing to have an opinion based on facts. It's quite another to have one based on ignorance and misinformation.

SMH

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

what an odd comment.  

I agree.

For clarification.  My words were not unkind. They were my opinion of her overly broad stereotyping of both a belief system and the people of this forum.  I am in no need of a lecture.  

..................................................................................

I was defending Love Roses because of her own understanding she did not need a lot of people that kept saying bad words to her.   

The Burning Man is about tolerance and letting everyone that has different views and understanding to Be.   I was just wanting Love Rose to Be too.