Honored Contributor

Is there any good reason not to have net neutrality?  Supposedly, taking it away will allow Verizon and others to slow down our computers and charge extra for certain access.  Is that correct?

Respected Contributor

No. Do research on sites that aren't biased.

Honored Contributor

I think Verizon is already doing this, we used to have them for DSL service and when we ditched our satelite tv service, all of sudden we couldn't access the internet on any device.  When we called to cancel they tried to push into a higher priced and supposedly faster service.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I think Verizon is already doing this, we used to have them for DSL service and when we ditched our satelite tv service, all of sudden we couldn't access the internet on any device.  When we called to cancel they tried to push into a higher priced and supposedly faster service.

I do remember having it years ago for one site I visited, it was incredibly high, then it went back to free.  I assume people just refused to pay for it.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Is there any good reason not to have net neutrality?  Supposedly, taking it away will allow Verizon and others to slow down our computers and charge extra for certain access.  Is that correct?

Yes, it's true.

Honored Contributor

Do you think it is because they are losing revenue from their cable TV business?

I just hate the fact they bundle everything ,and you can't seem to opt out very easily

Why can't we just buy what we want?  I don't even like 99% of their programs and don't watch them

Honored Contributor

What I really wonder is what sites will go for charging access.  IMO it's cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Does anyone know?

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Do you think it is because they are losing revenue from their cable TV business?

I just hate the fact they bundle everything ,and you can't seem to opt out very easily

Why can't we just buy what we want?  I don't even like 99% of their programs and don't watch them

I don't know @cherry.  I am just not a techie Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

What I really wonder is what sites will go for charging access.  IMO it's cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Does anyone know?

YouTube is eying access fees I read somewhere.....

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.