Respected Contributor

Re: Neoprene Waist Trainer-Saran Wrap NOT working out ....

@hckynut 

In fact, I have TWO.  Both of them make me sweat.  

One has a hook & loop adjustment, so, when I pull it tight, my WAISTINE IS TO DIE FOR!  I look like Mae West.  LOL!

The other makes me sweat when I walk outside.  I just want to wrap my waist so the cream doesn't get in the neoprene, but the saran wrap bunches up.  Woman Frustrated

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@RinaRina   use a fabric wrap, like a big bandana.  

Not my job to school you or scold you. We all learn in our own way.

Fabric doesn't make you sweat.

I think I'll try freezer wrap.  That tends not to bunch up.

Thanks for the suggestion, tho'.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@DJP wrote:

Was it Elaine Powers?

=====================================

Isn't it funny how we used to pay a fortune for these treatments and now you can do them at home yourself for a fraction of the cost.  

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina 

I have never used/use anything between my skin and the belts and/or sleeves. Not interested in sweat(which is unavoidable) just the blood warming factors to increase the flexibility in all my moving parts. Less likely to have muscle pulls and/or tears.

Not sure of the purpose of the cream. What I do is wash the waist wrap in our utility sink with hot water/squeeze out excess moisture, and throw over hanger to dry. I buy only those with velcro closures. Knee sleeves I drop in warm water inside out and wash without soap and lay them flat on a towel.They dry by the next time I  use them. 

Make West, eh? Can't imagine how the ladies that wore those things didn't pass out. Bet they were comfortable for the actresses that wore them. Oye!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling 

It was some kind of "herbal wrap" thing, but I cannot remember anything beyond that.

One of our local day spas offered it.  Mostly, I think it just induced fluid weight loss.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm speechless at the thought of someone even trying this. 

@Kachina624     F248615   Seems like the Q  SELLS them

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina wrote:

@hckynut 

In fact, I have TWO.  Both of them make me sweat.  

One has a hook & loop adjustment, so, when I pull it tight, my WAISTINE IS TO DIE FOR!  I look like Mae West.  LOL!

The other makes me sweat when I walk outside.  I just want to wrap my waist so the cream doesn't get in the neoprene, but the saran wrap bunches up.  Woman Frustrated

@RinaRina 

This wrap with cream is a gimmick! The only way to loose weight is through diet and exercise, to burn off more calories than you consume. If you do loose any weight with this gimmick, it is water weight, which is put right back on as soon as you take a drink of water. Besides,  if this gimmick actually worked, don't you think that doctors would be shouting it from the rooftops as a way to loose weight? Stop and think! As for "shaping your waist", old fashioned boned corsets did the same thing, and were equally as unhealthy for your internal organs to be so squished and compressed. Vanity isn't worth you risking your health.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wooo weee!

Just got home from walking the dog IN THE HOT SUN.

My WAIST is drenched!

Yayyyyy!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I haven't seen presentations or read any articles about the claims about these types of products, lately. I know they have been promoted, in many past years as, body altering body contours, and for weight loss purposes. The latest with the addition of creams?  Never saw any of them.

If one wants to think these promote permanent weight loss or body fat reduction? That is not going to happen. Like you, I know the things that cause body weight loss.

It still boils down to amounts taken in versus the amounts lost. I think the goal of almost everyone wanting to lose weight, is body fat lost. Most are concerned only about the subcutaneous fat they can see, less so about the internal visceral fat.

I am talking about people that are healthy with no underlying conditions such as diabetes, or those that can and restrict one's body and fat weight loss.

My feeling has always been this. If some product, that is not harmful, can increase motivation to exercise, that is a positive. Any long term goal, be it weight loss or physical fitness, takes time/dedication, and lots of hard work, both physically and mentally. For the large majority there are no shortcuts.

For both, my belief is this. If one has a lot of weight to lose, and is at the bottom level of physical fitness? Most are more successful by making short term goals, not thoughts about how far they have to go to reach their end goal.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I haven't used this product but I've used castor oil and Saran Wrap for a temporary effect on occasion. But more power to you if it works, I just don't know enough to comment.