Respected Contributor

Neoprene Waist Trainer-Saran Wrap NOT working out ....

I got one of those Neoprene waist trainers and a special cream to put under it, but I don't want the cream getting into the neoprene, so, I TRIED to wrap my waist with Saran wrap first, but it's too sticky and bunches up.

What other kind of wrap can I use that doesn't "stick" like Saran Wrap?

TIA!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Neoprene Waist Trainer-Saran Wrap NOT working out ....

Why do you even believe that is going to work for you.

Cutting down on the calories and moving.   Put it this way, go to the gym and you don't find any rubber bands around anyone.

Wrapping rubber around your body, creating friction and irritation for your skin will probably be the result you'll achieve.

Respected Contributor

This is a joke, right? 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

You mean people actually buy these silly things and expect them to WORK?  That's hilarious! There's no magic gimmick to weight loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina   use a fabric wrap, like a big bandana.  

Not my job to school you or scold you. We all learn in our own way.

Honored Contributor

I'm speechless at the thought of someone even trying this. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina 

I have used those types of belts for years, especially in my sometimes cold, basement gym. It helps get my blood temperature up faster and that loosens all the muscles more quickly.

Never used it for anything other than that purpose, but I will say my twice surgically discs from my spine, also feels better for a time. They have never irritated my skin in the over 40 years I have used them.

Same thing I wear on my knees when I do weight bearing exercises, like ice skating. Both for heat and support, not to make my legs smaller.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Just have to add this post invokes a memory of that place, and maybe someone can remember the name but years ago (it was franchised)

you walk in, they would measure you, then they would wrap you in a saran like material and after an hour or so, take it all off and remeasure and you lost inches.

They wouldn't stay "lost" those inches but when you walked out the door after dropping $40 or so, they were temporarily gone until the inches appeared again.

Now what was the name of that place???

Valued Contributor

Was it Elaine Powers?

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@RinaRina 

I have used those types of belts for years, especially in my sometimes cold, basement gym. It helps get my blood temperature up faster and that loosens all the muscles more quickly.

Never used it for anything other than that purpose, but I will say my twice surgically discs from my spine, also feels better for a time. They have never irritated my skin in the over 40 years I have used them.

hckynut 

===============================

I'm not surprised it makes your back feel better.  It really improves my posture.  I LOVE it!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."