Honored Contributor

Re: Neiman Marcus to File Bankruptcy

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

I hope Macy's can at least keep an on-line presence. I do not shop there often, but when I could not find what I needed elsewhere it seems they always came through, and at good prices, most memorable being my MOG dress a few years ago. I usually shopped there around and following the holidays. 

Check out their site today. I picked up several clothing & accessory items yesterday at greast prices, including another MOG dress. They are recently engaged and I am fearful that I will be unable to find a dress if Macy's goes out of business.

@queendiva 

I feel that way about Dillards ---- their stores are organized and clean, they offer a wide range of prices and nice quality merchandise and GREAT SALES!!!  I've ordered things online and they've arrived quickly....I find coupons for reduced shipping....If they went out of business I'd miss them....nice to browse in or shop with online!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

According to CNBC, 24-Hour Fitness is also planning to file bankruptcy.

Just the beginning is right, unfortunately. So many jobs lost......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

Sadly....agree with it or if you think its too early....that's why there is so much pressure to open up businesses .......

But one big problem that no one wants to address is most states are saying school is done for the remainder of the year....and working parents are saying I need to go back to work, but who is going to watch my kids???????  Even if they can find someone...who can afford it with strained budgets due to furloughs and/or reduced pay????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I think retail is going to change and this just the start.  No one is going out to walk around a store much anymore.  Lots of empty real estate is coming.  QVC is starting to look smart.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

Sadly....agree with it or if you think its too early....that's why there is so much pressure to open up businesses .......

But one big problem that no one wants to address is most states are saying school is done for the remainder of the year....and working parents are saying I need to go back to work, but who is going to watch my kids???????  Even if they can find someone...who can afford it with strained budgets due to furloughs and/or reduced pay????

@Spurt 

I agree.

I raised my daughter alone and only earned barely enough for us to live in a safe neighborhood, near a highly rated school system for her.

For years I worked 2 jobs out of necessity.

Daycare was a big chunk out of our income, especially during summer when she was out of school all day, and it's really gonna be a hardship for parents who both work, but kids are out of school.

Not everyone has grandparents or family members to care for their kids for free.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

@Spurt 

I agree.

I raised my daughter alone and only earned barely enough for us to live in a safe neighborhood, near a highly rated school system for her.

For years I worked 2 jobs out of necessity.

Daycare was a big chunk out of our income, especially during summer when she was out of school all day, and it's really gonna be a hardship for parents who both work, but kids are out of school.

Not everyone has grandparents or family members to care for their kids for free.

@KingstonsMom 

Yep you get it.... its the elephant in the room no one is talking about.....

Its hard enough--- here in Texas schools close the end of May, so child care is normally needed from June until schools re-open mid-August....and its only April and now the parent(s) will have to find a solution now from mid-April to mid-August.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Oh My god!!!.gif

@Mz iMac  😂😂😂 My sentiments exactly! 😂😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Retail Dive:

Neiman Marcus - too much debt ...

https://www.retaildive.com/news/neiman-marcus-missed-bond-payment-hedge-fund-says/576258/

Other FITCH downgrades ...

J.C. Penney, Macy's, Nordstrom, Kohl's, Dillard's, Capri, Tapestry, Levi's and Signet

Barney's also filed ...

https://www.retaildive.com/news/fitch-downgrades-9-retailers-in-a-day-including-macys-nordstrom-and-...

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

So sorry to hear this. I have a dear friend who has worked at NM for 15 years and she loves working for them. I love shopping at NM as well. ******. Smiley Sad

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I remember the first time I went in the original store in downtown Dallas as a 19 yr old, I was so amazed, sad!