Honored Contributor

Re: Neil Diamnd - Rare Public Appearance at MLB Game

I just love that man.  Probably my favorite singer of all time.  So sorry he has Parkinson's.  Good to see him out and about.  

Trusted Contributor

He's one of my favorites also. Seen him in concert a few times, and he puts on

such a great show.  I didn't know he had Parkinson's. Makes my heart sad.

Honored Contributor

LOVE Neil Diamond!!!!!!

I never got to see him in concert!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

He was magic in concert!  I was fortunate to see him a couple of times live and he was incredible.  Love his music and listen often  An American treasure!

I often wonder how Caroline Kennedy feels when she hears it knowing she was the inspiration for such an iconic song.

Actually, when the song first came out, it wasn't about Caroline, it was about his wife at the time, but decades later he said it was about Caroline Kennedy, but then a few years later he said it wasn't.  It's wierd.  The lyrics don't fit to be sung to a pre teen girl.

But the song is popular among the younger crowd.  We used to hear the music from a beach bar at night and that song would be played and the crowd sang (shouted) along.  (They also played The Flinstone's theme song, too.lol)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would not recognize Neil on the street but we all have aged.  I did not realize he was so sick and I hope he can find a place where he is comfortable.  So many beautiful, wonderful songs through the years.  Years ago I was on a date and we went to see Neil.  His show was spectacular and did not disappoint with music and lighting.  It was one of the best indoor concerts I was ever at   Keep fighting Neil -- I wish you well.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I’m sorry I never got to see him but always loved his music and him ! That was in the 70’s and always followed him! I was sorry to hear when he became I’ll. Wish him well!
Respected Contributor

I didn't know he was sick.Sorry to hear of this! Great writer and singer and a great person all around!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

And of course he wrote I'm a Believer!!!  My faves are Coming to America, Cracklin Rosie, Heartlight and Forever in Blue Jeans. 

Honored Contributor

I had the good fortune to be in a great seat in his concert when he was in his prime.  Amazing concert and it was very heart-warming that night to see how much his fans loved him.  

Respected Contributor

I remember being in the back seat of a big American land yacht and Mom and her sisters and all  my cousins were all singing along (loudly) to "Brother Loves traveling Salvation Show" Acting out the "two good hands" part and really cutting loose on the "Holy Holys". Love Neil. Wish him well.