Honored Contributor

Re: Neighbors shocked to learn 13 siblings held captive

@Topaz Gem wrote:

I just don't get it.  Vasectomies and tubal litigations are so routine these days.  Why did this couple choose to have so many kids that they were unable to love?  Makes absolutely no sense.

I feel for these kids and wish them all the health and happiness in the world.  The human spirit is resilient, so I hope they can eventually live normal, happy lives and put this all behind them.

I read somewhere that the Turpins are involved with the 'Quiverfull' movement, the same one to which the Duggars have been associated with. @Topaz Gem

Respected Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

I just don't get it.  Vasectomies and tubal litigations are so routine these days.  Why did this couple choose to have so many kids that they were unable to love?  Makes absolutely no sense.

I feel for these kids and wish them all the health and happiness in the world.  The human spirit is resilient, so I hope they can eventually live normal, happy lives and put this all behind them.

...Because they are CRAZY.  Criminally insane, pathological, pyscho, demonic, whatever word you want to use to describe them. 

They weren't having children to love.  They were having them to torture.  

As for the children, perhaps the youngest ones will have some sort of normal life.  I hate to say it, but the older ones, the adult children, are probably not going to have a normal life...Not how we think of it.  How can they after living their whole lives this way?  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

The parents are Quiverfull, just like the Duggars. They believe God wants them to have many children, and they will stop when God tells them and/or or gives them a sign to stop. I've read quite a few horror stories from people who left the religion. Google it sometime, it's really an eye opener. But I did hear the older kids had planned for two years to escape, if that's true, then these parents probably constantly threatened them about what would happen if they were caught trying to leave. Maybe they felt now was the right time to seek help. 

Honored Contributor

What they did is so repulsive, evil and disgusting.  I can't even believe human beings could do this to anyone much less their own children.  My heart goes out to those kids.  It's so sad.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

There is a article on cnn home page ,that tells about the house they lived in in texas,before they moved,so heartbreaking some one did not follow up on where they moved.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

One of the children actually attended college for a bit ,and had really stellar grades

I hope the lack of diet doesn't affect the mental abliblities of those kids. They have suffered so much already

One of them escaped a few years ago, but was brought back home by a neighbor.  I'll bet they are kicking themselves now