Respected Contributor

Re: Neighbors and Police Saving little girl

So glad this had a happy ending.  A 6-year old is too young to be out riding her bike without an adult nearby.  

Honored Contributor

Disgustingly, this kind of thing has been happening for a long time. I'm so glad that this time around there was a (fairly) happy ending! I hope the girl gets counseling right away so she can feel safe again.

If you see something, do something. And don't hesitate. This is a really good reminder.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

So glad this had a happy ending.  A 6-year old is too young to be out riding her bike without an adult nearby.  

@Catty2   I thought the article said she was in her driveway.  I may be remembering incorrectly though and don't want to read through the article again.  It said the next door neighbor was sitting on his porch and saw it happen.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

When I was a child, we all played and rode our bikes outside. And we were all supervised. Someone's mother or aunt or grandparent was always around somewhere watching, looking out a window or sitting on a porch or in the yard.

Back then children still got abducted. But no one I knew suffered that fate. So I felt quite safe. Nowadays local news is national news, so we hear about stories that in the past, would only have shown up in a far away local paper. Our cautious natures take note of threats from all across the country in a way we never had any reason or ability to in the past.

The world is not any more dangerous than before. Our awareness of threats throughout the world has expanded. We are less innocent and I find that very sad.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@PorcelainI have read two stories this week that made my stomach turn.  I began to post one about a pervert but certain people decided it was a bit too much.  I thought storeis of public interest were ok here.  What I would have wanted to discuss was sex offender registries.  We must always have acess to these registries to see who is living amongst us.  They are supposed to be available to those in any municipality in this country.

Two separate instances (not including this one) about children.  One father whooped a peeping tom real bad and when the police came, he wasn't even charged.  He beat that pervert down.  I love it.  They saw him lurking around told him to leave but somehow, later he got inside.  What did he do that for?  I won't go into details, though I wanted to cheer him [dad]on!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

Yeah for the Dad 👍👍👍👍👍👊👊👊👊
Honored Contributor

I saw this story.   Thank goodness she was found unharmed .

Many of my former students are policemen.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
Yeah for the Dad 👍👍👍👍👍👊👊👊👊

Yes.  I was sooo happy.  I called my daughter to tell her where to find the story.  They duck taped his behind until the cops got there.  That's just one of the instances I've read this week.  There was another where a family member came to the rescue from a pervert. 

Valued Contributor

A pervert that worked where my sister does just got arrested for peeping. The woman that lives there heard him so she installed the ring camera and hold and behold he came back. His ugly mug was all over the news. He's 22 🤦🏼‍♀️
Esteemed Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
A pervert that worked where my sister does just got arrested for peeping. The woman that lives there heard him so she installed the ring camera and hold and behold he came back. His ugly mug was all over the news. He's 22 🤦🏼‍♀️

@Grand Happy 

Hahahahahahahahaha!  Freaks......