Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I live across the lake from Seattle and our housing market is crazy.  I get at least two offers a week in the mail from developers or buyers all offering cash and "as is" sale.  Too bad I love where I live!

They send these offers to everyone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

I do not know what is going on. We were driving home from the store. Pulled into our development and there was a line of people standing 6" apart from one another. There were so many people the line went across the front of the house, down the driveway and up the street past the next door neighbor's house.

It was an Open House. I could not believe that many people wanted to look at the house and were waiting in line to check the house out. And all I saw was one little sign advertising the Open House. I do not understand.

In June our next door neighbor put their house up for sale. The house was sold in about 2 hours. Whoever bought it promptly put the house on the market for $50,000 more than he paid. And the house sold in 2 days. Is the housing market that crazy?

Sounds like the original realtor listed the house too low. No - in my area!! it usually doesn't go up that quickly.

@kivah If you had said this before the pandemic I would have agreed with you...however in this new world real esate has gone crazy in my area!!

The banks are still being very careful not to lend too much money - and they make sure the buyer(s) are very qualified. This craziness also happened in the early 2000s. I purchased a brand new house in Oxnard, CA (southern Calif) in November, 2000 -- and the builder was still building houses in previous phases - so I moved in 7 months later - and the price of my house was up over $50,000.

Esteemed Contributor

We are in our first and only house... over 50 years.  Rural and great area.  Do not plan to move but I am  aware we could get a more than good price for it.  Our  area houses sell quickly.  The signs go up and are taken down within a week.  

Honored Contributor

I live in the Seattle area...houses low to midrange in price sell in about a  week. These are $500,000 homes considered affordable. Most homes go for much much more here. Glad I paid off my home and do not have to worry about house payments anymore. Property taxes are terribly high. I pay about $6000 a year and they keep going up.

Honored Contributor

Homes are sellinglike crazy here in california fo more than asking, if hte e in ht eright area. Our home has gone up 70,000 since March.  Interest rayes are pushing many.  I am sure it willtrend dow but our market predicts a 6% increase tnext uear.  Homes are so expensive average is 775,000 aroundhere.   And we are the bedroom community....