Esteemed Contributor

Re: Neighbor and Dog pooping on lawns...Opinions please.

@DiAnne wrote:

This is interesting - I live in a neighborhood of custom homes.  We do not have HOA's or covenants, etc. and we do not have any of these problems.  I keep thinking I should move and downsize but I think I will just stay put and be thankful for my neighbors.

I've moved several times and have never lived where there was an HOA either, and I've also never had any of these problems.  I find it interesting too.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

At least you know who's dog it is. I have several cats pooping in my front yard and only one of my neighbors owns a cat.

@SilleeMee  Cats cover their poo, so if you are seeing it on the surface of the ground, it would be a dog, in my opinion.

The turds were buried. My dog found themWoman FrustratedShe brought one into the house one day and dropped it on the floor right in front of me...like it was a "gift"...lol!Woman LOL @mousiegirl

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

At least you know who's dog it is. I have several cats pooping in my front yard and only one of my neighbors owns a cat.

@SilleeMee  Cats cover their poo, so if you are seeing it on the surface of the ground, it would be a dog, in my opinion.

The turds were buried. My dog found themWoman FrustratedShe brought one into the house one day and dropped it on the floor right in front of me...like it was a "gift"...lol!Woman LOL @mousiegirl

My sisters dog eats her own poo. Kind of disgusting.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  LOL!  At least your dog didn't eat it.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee

OMG, that's so gross!  I feel for you.  I had that for several years at my house.  We had a lot of feral cats roaming around that our dumb neighbor across the street kept feeding.  And they kept breeding.  Eventually I called the Township and they trapped all of them and euthanized them. 

Can you call the Township?  Maybe they can trap it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qshopper1991@mousiegirl,

The cats in my neighborhood are in a cat sanctuary..!! Years ago my city had a really bad rodent problem so they designated certain areas where cats were, and still are, free to roam. Animal control people will not eliminate them because of this "law". People who live in these areas, like me, are fed up and have complained to the city with no avail. Some of us have been trapping the cats and doing whatever with them, not going to say what, but it needs to be done. In the mornings when I walk my dog, the cats are everywhere! 

This "law" is so outdated and it needs to be changed or eliminated altogether. It's like trying to pull teeth when you're dealing with the city people.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee

Wow, that's crazy.  Why didn't they just set traps out for the rodents instead of involving another animal - which obviously isn't working out because they are peeing everywhere! 

That's a shame.  I really hope your township changes their laws.