Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need your words of encouragement (Part II) - Con't from yesterday

Good luck !
Respected Contributor

Sounds encouraging.   Keep up the good work.  

cheer

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI - Losing weight is 90% diet, 10% activity.

Given the choice, cut the calories the most and excercise just enough to keep your metabolism up.

Take it from one who knows ALL TOO WELL. 

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

FYI - Lising weight is 90% diet, 10% activity.

Given the choice, cut the calories the most and excercise just enough to keep your metabolism up.

That is not true for me.  I imagine it depends on a lot of variables.

~~
Frequent Contributor

very well said, I just started on my weight loss program. I will keep your posting in mind .

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal

It sounds like you're doing great.  You've identified the need early and are taking action - good for you!  I find quotes and affirmations helpful so I thought this might be of help.   

“First thing every morning before you arise, say out loud, ‘I believe’, three times.” ~Norman Vincent Peale

Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

It's all based on calories ingested and calories expended. 

I walk 15,000 steps a day (usually 8K or so are on the treadmill doing interval training to burn fat more efficiently) - work out with a trainer two times a week and do two Cross Fit classes a week too. 

I wasn't losing any weight. None at all.

Because I would have an extra pork chop, a dessert, etc. - all the activity was revving up my metabolism and making me extra hungry.

When I finally started cutti ng back calories and eating cleaner - the weight came off and I could eventually see the muscles I have spent so much time creating.

I'm still a size 10...but it took over a YEAR of intense exercise to realize that 600 calories on the treadmill was wiped out with ONE cheeseburger!

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@debic wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

It's all based on calories ingested and calories expended. 

I walk 15,000 steps a day (usually 8K or so are on the treadmill doing interval training to burn fat more efficiently) - work out with a trainer two times a week and do two Cross Fit classes a week too. 

I wasn't losing any weight. None at all.

Because I would have an extra pork chop, a dessert, etc. - all the activity was revving up my metabolism and making me extra hungry.

When I finally started cutti ng back calories and eating cleaner - the weight came off and I could eventually see the muscles I have spent so much time creating.

I'm still a size 10...but it took over a YEAR of intense exercise to realize that 600 calories on the treadmill was wiped out with ONE cheeseburger!

Your experience and mine are not the same.  I don't diet.  I know others that have the same experience as mine.  Like I said different strokes, what works for one, may or may not work for others.   

This is an excercise thread not a diet thread.  

~~
Respected Contributor

to weigh or not to weigh has long been debated in dieting circles , but I find it helpful. The scale is not the end all and be all. I feel it is a tool in the big picture.

You are not by yourself gaining in this x of year. I call it the 'eating season' starting with Thanksgiving thru to now with all the advertisements for exercise equipment and diet products. I usually put on 5 lbs., then 'man up' and step on the scale. I find wearing slacks whose waist band is a bit snug at this weight helpful to keep me on track through out the day.

<Now I am sure I can get control of it before it gets control of me. ...  I want to eat healthy through this journey.  >  good plan...we will succeed.

Regular Contributor

Thumbs Up, @hoosieroriginal!  New Year brings New You!