Honored Contributor

Been there so often I said no thank you to the last callback.  My tissue is too dense and I got tired of the worry and major bills that insurance doesn't cover just to be told eventually they don't think it's anything.  

Don't do that but go with the comfort that the majority of the time it's absolutely nothing.  Good luck!  🍀 

Esteemed Contributor

That happened to me around 4 yrs ago. It was a Friday and I wasn't home to get the call from my doctor's office that I needed to have the mammogram taken over. I got home after 5PM and the office was closed so I had to wait til Monday morning. I posted on here because it was the first time it happened to me. People said how it's also happened to them - so I didn't worry. I went back to have the mammograms done a 2nd time - and the doctor came in and said, "everything looks OK" and I said "but?" -- and he said no "but" - everything is OK. I prepared myself for the worst - all was well.

RELAX!!!! It happens often and it's usually negative.

Honored Contributor

Mine was in the form of a telephone call instead of a letter.  Wanted me back in for an ultra sound.  Turned out it was calcium deposits.  Must admit it was a long few days and did not tell anyone until after it was done and test result were known to be fine.  My mom was not pleased I said nothing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I am very anxious as had a mammogram last week and got letter that I need more images taken of an area, however my dr. office hasn't called me back yet. Am very nervous. Have any of you had this experience and what can it mean?  Of course am thinking the worst!   TIA.

@KKJ 

It's common, so please don't worry in advance of anything actually being wrong.  Big waste of emotion and energy.