Respected Contributor

Re: Need to vent on a simple, mundane subject...

@RedTop wrote:

TP in this house means Cottonelle, period.  My mom had to be a very savvy shopper, but my dad held firm on CharminTP, and there was to be no saving pennies on that product!  Dad swore his employer provided the cheapest TP made, and he insisted on having the softest stuff available in his house.  To stay within budget, mom might have bought cheap koolaid or generic juice, or wash dishes with a cheaper detergent, but Charmin was always in our grocery cart.   My family likes Cottonelle, so I am also very brand specific, and never try to save money on this product.  

I'm with you on that.  It's easy enough for me to go cheaper with other products.  We just have to have our priorities, don't we?Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

We have to have soft TP, so Charmin is the only brand we buy!  I agree...the item is pricey and seems to be getting even more expensive!

Honored Contributor

We use newspaper ......All the news is good for nowdays....LOL

(Just joking, folks, I deserve a good laugh)

a7726e51493866256f1e8ccb84ba0393914d18cf.gif

Respected Contributor

Only buy the COSTCO brand --- the best. Had a roll of Charman to compair and it was narrow and not as much on the roll. Saw a special on COSTCO and they pride themselves on the toilet paper they manufacture. 

Respected Contributor

Do you all remember when they used to make colored toilet paper?

I never bought it because of our septic system.  Have always used Scotts as they advertise septic safe.  But I am thinking there may be more advanced TP for septic systems, so I am going to do some research.  I may pay more for it, but that would be cheaper then digging up our septic system.

Honored Contributor

By the way did you know if you put one packet of yeast down the commode once a month after all has went to bed giving it time to work it will keep your septic tank from clogging. Yeast dissolves stuff , breaks down, etc.   A contractor told me that.

Honored Contributor

I just received the October issue of Consumer Reports, and they have a whole article devoted to .....toilet paper! It confirms what we've all noticed-- that it's shrinking. The worst offenders are Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care Double Roll, which shrank from 23.3 square feet to 18 (23%) since 2009; Scott Extra Soft Mega Roll, from 54.7 feet to 43.3 (21%); and White Cloud Ultra Soft & Thick Double Roll, from 23.3 feet to 19.1 (18%).

The least shrinkage was Scott Tissue 1000 sheets, and Charming Basic Doible Roll. Each shrank 9%. And Kirkland Signature Premium rolls didn't shrink at all, BUT they decreased the number of rolls per package instead.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Newgate wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

Since we're in the bathroom.....  Woman Wink

Anyone else notice how soft and how fast soap wears away??  I remember buying 8 bars of soap and having them last and last.  Now it seems as though it gets mushy enough to fall apart way before it should and I'm opening new boxes (Coast especially) about every 10 - 12 days.....  I'm buying so much more Soap now.....

Kind of like paying for a lb of candy and realizing you only got 12 oz..... 

And I totally agree with your multi-ply large rolls of toilet paper.... absolutely! 

Use liquid soap and a soft mesh scrubby to shower!  Lasts & lasts!

-------OH, NOOOOOOOOOOO........Not the bar soap discussion fiasco.  Not again...............(lol)  p.s.  I'm the one who pats dry my bar soap after each use....(rolling eyes) ..........Wait!  Is it 'dry pats' or 'pat dries' or 'pats dry'?  lol  I think it's 'pat dries'.   What is wrong with me tonight?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).