Honored Contributor

Re: Need to vent on a simple, mundane subject...

[ Edited ]

Charmin only allowed in this house!  We had been using Angel Soft but in comparison, well with the Angel Soft might as well use a carboard box, ruff ruff.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Since we're in the bathroom.....  Woman Wink

Anyone else notice how soft and how fast soap wears away??  I remember buying 8 bars of soap and having them last and last.  Now it seems as though it gets mushy enough to fall apart way before it should and I'm opening new boxes (Coast especially) about every 10 - 12 days.....  I'm buying so much more Soap now.....

Kind of like paying for a lb of candy and realizing you only got 12 oz..... 

And I totally agree with your multi-ply large rolls of toilet paper.... absolutely! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

We buy what is on sale at Costco.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I think you need to get a life.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

We have a local family-owned fairly upscale grocery down the street.  Trying to be competitive they have  specials every day of the week.  Tuesday is...

wait for it...

wait for it...

Toilet Paper Tuesdays!  

Honored Contributor

Some TP now-a-days doesn't disintegrate in water the way it used to.  Thus, clogging toilets.  Also, I've noticed that, because of re-cycling, sometimes it has a strong chemical odor within each roll, inside the packaging.  I'd prefer the natural, non-recycled type, made from natural trees.  After all, they did re-plant forests over and over again.  One of my friends said that their TP had an odd odor, similar to p**p.!  ............... Oh, wait!  O/T:  I've been noticing that some stores are placing their paper products very near strong laundry detergents and/or bug sprays.  I've had to return waxed paper, paper napkins, tissues, and paper plates because of the strong odors.  I'm wondering exactly what merchandisers are thinking when planning shelf placement.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For whatever it's worth, we buy Mega rolls of Charmin - not the ultra strong variety. It's soft and the rolls are long, although they are more narrow now than they once were.

I would not have tp rolls installed inside the tile.  Put them on the outside where you can change them if you need to do so.  The roll size has already changed, and one day they'll come up with different size rolls. You want to be able to make that change when the time comes. If it's part of the tile itself by being inside the wall, you can't change it.  At least that's MHO.

Honored Contributor

BTW, thanks for this topic.  Most of us have these 'pet peeve' thoughts and would just love to share!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

ITA. Too many options for every consumer item can drive us crazy. And some TP manufacturers are cutting back so drastically to save their "bottom" line (pardon the pun, lol), that the rolls are so narrow, they almost remind me of rolls of adding machine paper. And l find some of the commercials for TP to be tacky and in bad taste.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL...OP, I feel your pain!....As though us women don't have enough to take care of as it is!...Now, we are faced with the changing evolution of toilet paper and "they" think that we won't even notice!...Don't "they" understand that women are very observant and it is difficult to pull anything over on us!...My "Scott" has betrayed me and I am just about ready to throw the last roll out on its  "tush"!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~