@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Coupla things she could do: 

Get a Handicap pass from the doctor

Arrive at work early enough to grab the space

Retire-remember she is old by her definiation

@Group 5 minus 1   This really ticks me off.  She is not disabled.  She has a "perk" for being a long time employee. 

My DH and my DS have permanent disabilities and nothing irritates me more than people saying something like this-she's only 61, hardly Methuselah.

The more I read this thread it is clear that the resentment is more about a younger employee who "goos" all over the men and "you ladies know the type".

Get over it.  The OP hasn't returned to explain if there is a sign nor has she returned to say that the situation has been resolved.

Next the newbie will be accused of taking her stapler or not refilling the coffee pot.

It's a parking space.  This story reeks.

@Cakers3,I agree with all of this.  100%!

@Group 5 minus 1  What Doctor would give her a handicap pass? She didn't say she was handicapped.

Yes.  If she truly needed one, she would have it.  And she'd be parking in a handicap space rather than a "seniority" one.  She certainly would have said if she had a handicap.  All she said is that she's 61, which isn't old and doesn't automatically mean she has mobility or other issues.

@NYC Susan  Handicap spaces are also first come first served unless specified on the sign that the space is reserved for employees with the appropriate tag or plates.

A company can also include an employee's name on such a sign if the employee is having a problem obtaining such a space each day.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Need to vent big time - kinda long

There is a dfference between a "perk" and a "courtesy". 

Pick your battles. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sixteen pages of comments over a parking space when the OP has not come back and clarified her original post or let us know the outcome of her discussion with her supervisor. It seems like we are more invested in this situation than the OP. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

There is a dfference between a "perk" and a "courtesy". 

Pick your battles. 

Really? What exactly is the difference?

Honored Contributor

If you don't know the diff,Goggle the words. You'd be surprised.

Honored Contributor

You're right.......hoping for an update........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

She is testing you. The young ones today do this. Stand your ground. She will get the message and move on to someone else. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

Sixteen pages of comments over a parking space when the OP has not come back and clarified her original post or let us know the outcome of her discussion with her supervisor. It seems like we are more invested in this situation than the OP. 

@cookinfreak  - why don't you come back and respond to all the comments?   You've posted on other threads, but haven't come back to this one.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@cookinfreak  - why don't you come back and respond to all the comments?   You've posted on other threads, but haven't come back to this one.

@San Antonio Gal   Take a guess-the thread didn't totally agree with her.

I don't believe this problem is still happening, anyway.  The newbie doesn't talk to her anymore; it appears she was told about the special parking spaces.

I don't think this was an issue for very long; max maybe 3 days by her post.

It's over, nothing left to see; although she did ask for opinions.

It would have been polite to at least know if there was a sign.  I think that question was valid but we'll never know.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

If there was a sign, the OP would have included that in her OP, especially when the woman claimed to have forgotten.

Some responses were rather rude so I can't blame her for staying away; still, it would be appreciated to know if the issue has been resolved.