Regular Contributor

Re: Need to vent about neighbor

castlenv-even though you think we have large enough lot sizes the neighbor in question is right across the road from us so it's pretty much right there.  It's just a regular front yard, the road and then their front yard-it would be like living in town-most of the houses are set up that the majority of the land is behind/on the side of the house.  His lot is set up so that he has another neighbor pretty close on one side and yet another one beside me across the street who has mentioned it as well.  It is hard for me to explain how the houses are set up but some people built really close to their lines I guess while others chose differently-and I am sure that also depended on how even the area was for them to build at the time.  It will all be better when the leaves get back on the trees!  lol

Good for you being able to live in your high rise condo w/400 apartments happily.  It's hard to get that many people to get along.

Respected Contributor

We live in a double building with 107 apartments. I am on top floor, share a wall with 1 apt. I can actually hear my next door neighbor (who I know by sight) sneeze.

The people downstairs can be very loud with music.

Living here 40 years. Husband refuses to move. In such close quarters you have to turn the other cheek.

I do understand your frustration, this is not what you signed on for. 

Hope it gets resolved quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrainwrote:

If te situation isn't remedied in 10 days write to your HOA informing that unless the neighbor's property is brought into compliance in 10 days you will file against the HOA. They accept payment and are required to enforce the rules.

Our HOA does an annual inspection of homes and any violations are sent letters and given 10 days to correct. If they're not complied with many actions are taken: no swimming or tennis privileges, liens against your mortgages. 

Our HOA is unwillingly to let such neighbors run down the area and home pricing. 

Hop on to your HOA. Neighbors should not handle these matters with them personally.

Esteemed Contributor

We live on 2.5 acres and we're far away enough from the neighbors to not be bothered with anything.

No HOA, no restrictions OF ANY KIND.

I'm surprised the OP has a neighbor problem with the lots being so large...

Respected Contributor

There's always one.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

You would think with all those kids they have they are well equipped to get their place cleaned up, setting the example of what respect looks like.  I get terribly alarmed with families who have many children but don’t set the example of what respect & decency truly means.  Oh, and add responsibility to my comments as well...

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoastwrote:

Have you also contacted your code enforcement department in your town (that is what it is called in our town)? Downed railings could be a safety issue with the house. Trash and debrie could attract rats and mice. Storing a large trailer could be against town regulations...unlawful residence.  Give them a chance to clean up their act once notified by the HOA. If the neighbors don't, then check with the town and its' ordinances. Good luck!

@Rockycoast

Code Enforcement only works if your property is public property.  Our HOA is private property.  In order for Code Enforcement to come on our property, we have to give them written permission.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN