Honored Contributor

Re: Need to vent about neighbor

@cherrywrote:

I would be cordial to them when you see one another. You never know if  people are going to become spiteful, if they think you reported them

You could end up with more than messy neighbors ,if this happens.

Good luck

I am watching "Fear Thy Neighbor" on ID as I am reading this thread. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pegsue  Sorry you’re dealing with this, would drive me batty. Good luck!

This, this is why we choose a forested neighborhood with a land requirement of 5 acres per home.  Many own more.  I know this type of living is not for everyone, but I like the ability not to see or hear neighbors unless we all choose.

I know this kind of living is not for everyone, good thing we all have different choices.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

We had a neighbor who let his house and yard go -- shutter fell of his house, weeds took over in the grass and gardens, plus he had a chain link chicken coop in his backyard, which was against the rules.  In addition, he never paid his yearly $400 fee.  This guy was a doctor.  The HOA sent him letter after letter and nothing changed.  He finally moved out of state, but rented out his house and the condition of the property did not improve very much.  Our HOA now has a lean on the house to get the owed fees.  Seems like there has to be one bad seed in every neighborhood.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlzwrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@Nightowlz  Designated pig area!  ROFLMAO!!  Seconded!

@Laura14 LOL!!! Sometimes that's just the way I feel. 

I tried to give you more then 1 heart but it would not let me. 

@Nightowlz  You deserved more too for that comment.  Classic!  I think we should post a PigPen mascot so we know to steer clear of said areas.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Ha ha...like they won't know who complained...lol   But that's what you should do, let the HOA handle it.  They might control the dog, they might clean up a bit but they are who they are and that's not going change.  They are messy neighbors who will always be an annoyance and their property will always look out of place.

Honored Contributor

You live where the lots are 2.5 to 4 acres and neighbors still bother you??  Wow!  I have fewer problems living in a high rise condo with 400 apartments!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

both houses on each side of me  were really dumpy and unkempt ....suddenly one neighbor totally redid the whole house from the foundation up....all last summer they worked on it and now it looks 100% better.  Like a new house!

The other neighbors house still looks dumpy...worse house on the street actually....but, the old  man who lives there is so sweet and quiet....I just turn my head and forget about it.  He probably will pass away soon and then it will be cleaned up.  I would rather have friendly, quiet neighbors any day  and deal with the mess.

Super Contributor

Pegsue

I totally can sympathize as I live in a similar neigborhood with a neighbor across the street who has the same vices including blowing grassclippings and leaves into the street where they blow into our yard.   Plus add a massive fishing boat, small boat and tow trailers into the equation.  The list just keeps getting so long, you can't keep up with it or get everything resolved and after 10 years it's clear they will never change.    Last weekend a relative visiting backed into our mailbox.   Since we decided the house style doesn't really meet our needs, its a matter of  trying to minimize the aggravation until we can find a new home.

Honored Contributor

I would be totally pi$$@&....you have an HOA and hopefully they will handle the situation.

We have a neighbor...they have 2 kids --12 and 10 years old...they do almost NOTHING in their yard...they do mow but rarely trim, don't rake leaves...we have no HOA so not a lot can be done legally.   Our subdivision has standard lot sizes, so they are CLOSE to us.  Irritates me, they are not busy people, not sick, just lazy....I feel your pain.

Honored Contributor

For all that people complain about HOA's, they do sometimes serve a useful purpose.  We have a condo association that maintains the buildings' exterior and does the lawn mowing and landscaping.  Of course we pay a lot more than $50 per month.  And some folks are a little messy but there's not much bad they can do actually.