Valued Contributor

Re: Need to get rid of Hallmark ornaments

If you have a consignment shop in your area that is a good way of having someone else get joy out of ornaments that you liked.

Valued Contributor

@traveler wrote:

They are from the 1980s &90s. My adult sons don't want or need them so I am trying to get rid of them. There is a lot to take photos of. Where to go.

I had a Gold Crown Hallmark store..If you have a store near you..I sold a lot of special series in original boxes to them..they had customers looking for certain ones.

Also try these .com..

Hookedonhallmark..I sold some to them..I asked then to split the shipping and they did.

There you can look up what you have.Read their rules.

Lots of times you don't need photos ..they want stock #'s from boxes and condition.

Yulelog..you can post what you have for sale.

The market has changed..it's worth a shot..

Condition is everything.So are special ones.

I gave some od the larger plastic ones to my grandson to play with.

I still have tons!

Good Luck..keep us posted!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also have Hallmark ornaments, some from 30 years ago, all given to me by my dear sister. I have beautiful Christopher Radko ornaments, some I bought myself and quite a lot were gifts from my sister and late mom.

My sister and I decided to each pick 24 ornaments we loved ( between us we had 200+ Christopher Radko ornaments).

We eventually thinned it down to 6 each.

We tried selling them, nobody wanted to pay for them.
We had brown paper bags and put ornaments in them and broke them up.

They easily fit on the garbage.

We looked at them and decided if they weren't made by one we loved, they were just stuff, you know stuff which clutters your life-where we need to ask what to do with them?

Hallmark and Radko are distant memories.

Honored Contributor

I collected Hallmark ornaments for years but finally sold many on eBay a few years ago.

I would ask someone at a local Hallmark store for assistance.  

Someone is always collecting something somewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I just got back from a trip to the Grand Canyon.  For YEARS, I would buy an ornament from anyplace that we visited.  I still put those on my tree.  But this time, I walked away from the souvenir ornaments.  Time to just stop buying stuff that my kids will not want.

I may make a shutterfly photo ornament of us there.  I dare them to throw that out - or, likely they will, lol.

I do have a large collection of the Madame Alexander doll ornaments.  I don't even like dolls.  That started from an office Christmas lunch years ago when we had a gift exchange.  The first doll in that series was given to a co-worker, not even to me.  I thought it was cute.  So, I went and bought one, and have been collecting them every year since. Our Hallmwark store just went out of business a few months ago.  So, I just ordered the next doll ornament online, and it came the next day (good service).  That was the 27th in the series.  I have never displayed them.  They are in a box on a shelf in my closet.  I have no idea what I will do with them.  I suppose someday I may give them to my grand daughter, or sell the entire set together.  I keep hoping they will stop the series, because I can't stop buying them now!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

This was listed today. Some ornaments are desired.

HALLMARK Disney Woody's Round Up ornament. $10.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips 

I had a couple Madame Alexander dolls which were gifts (why, I don't know).

I donated them to a childrens ward in my local hospital.

They we're much appreciated.

I see where you have Madame Alexander ornaments, not dolls.

Esteemed Contributor

I donate things like that to Salvation Army.  

Honored Contributor

I gave my collection of Joan Rivers ornaments to a shelter for homeless individuals.  Since the facility is affiliated with numerous churches in the area, they were eligible as a charitable deduction on my taxes.  Fortunately, I had kept all the invoices when I bought the ornaments over the years.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips How about a Children's Hospital?  Maybe they would like them.

Also, police often carry toys in their cars to give to children in bad situations--I know they especially like stuffed animals.  A suggestion for someone who has stuffed animals. Also homeless shelters could use them.