Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for gift of food

This pepper and onion relish from Harry & David is so wonderful and they have lots to choose from savory and sweet and different packages to choose from for small or larger gifts.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

I know this isn't fruit but a friend of mine discovered a bakery near her mother's home that delivered fresh patries. She would place an order over the phone for some of her mom's favorite things: muffins, cookies, sweet rolls and they would deliver them. It was all charged to my friend's charge card. Her mom would report back on how good everything tasted.

Thanks for the suggestion, kdgn. Somethng from a local bakery would be really nice! You ladies are giving me so many really great ideas for my sister! Only thing, now I want to have some yummies sent/brought to my house!!!!

Respected Contributor

Shari's Berries always a big hit and a nice treat.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

This pepper and onion relish from Harry & David is so wonderful and they have lots to choose from savory and sweet and different packages to choose from for small or larger gifts.

Yum, yum!!! She and my BIL would love that!

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

Shari's Berries always a big hit and a nice treat.

I looked on their website just now. Very nice selection!!

Super Contributor

Check out Amazon, they have almost everything.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Silver Lining, I don't think the northwest pears are ready until Nov. or Dec.  Check the Harry and David site for what they send in the different seasons.  I remember their grapes and cherries as being good. 

I had some Wolferman's that were re-gifted to me by a friend who doesn't like English muffins and received them as a gift--but I didn't like the Wolferman's. The nooks and crannies were too small.  It's too early for apples, too, but the Vermont Country store does have v. good cheese.  Food gifts are difficult. 

Respected Contributor

@daisey10 wrote:

Check out Amazon, they have almost everything.

Now you've gone and done it, daisey! It never entered my mind to look on Amazon. I read your suggestion and browsed a bit. I'd probably steer clear of ordering fresh fruit but some of the dried and candied fruit and nut and cheese selections look sooo good. I need to focus and stop drooling over the pictures and suggestions from everybody and decide what my sister and BIL would enjoy. 

Respected Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Silver Lining, I don't think the northwest pears are ready until Nov. or Dec.  Check the Harry and David site for what they send in the different seasons.  I remember their grapes and cherries as being good. 

I had some Wolferman's that were re-gifted to me by a friend who doesn't like English muffins and received them as a gift--but I didn't like the Wolferman's. The nooks and crannies were too small.  It's too early for apples, too, but the Vermont Country store does have v. good cheese.  Food gifts are difficult. 

Burnsite, thanks for that important info. Funny you would mention cherries specifically. My sister told me just a day or two ago how much she likes fresh cherries. Too bad she doesn't particularly like them 'cause I have an enormous tree loaded down with beautiful ripening figs. They are very delicate and wouldn't travel well anyway. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Burnsite wrote:

Sorry, double post.