Respected Contributor

Need suggestions for gift of food

My big sister is having surgery and will be in the hospital for a couple of days this week. Her family, friends and associates will be bringing lots of good food for now and later. My other sister and I are sending gift cards for them to use later for take-out from some of their favorite restaurants. It's a complicated ankle surgery that requires staying off her feet and a lot of restrictions for six weeks. 

We want to have some treats delivered to their home. She's not really a chocolate fan. Has anyone had any experience with those fresh fruit arrangements? The one I've had was tastey, fresh and pretty but you never know when you're ordering online for delivery to another state. Any recommendations from QVC sweets (not Prindibles)? How about Wolferman's? I need to order something in the next few days to be delivered early next week. TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for gift of food

@Silver Lining

I love the Harry & David pears, but I have only bought from them directly.

Respected Contributor

I have used the fruit flower arrangement places.  They are good but can be a little pricey.  They do need to be eaten within a few days since it is cut fruit. But, they are nice and come in different sizes.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a local florist who makes up fruit baskets.  They will put cheese/crackers, chocolates, gourmet cookies, etc. in with them.  You can also request certain things for the basket as well (i.e.  a particular brand of crackers,cheese, etc.).  They will also add a couple different kinds of caramel dip for the apples that are in the basket too.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I know this isn't fruit but a friend of mine discovered a bakery near her mother's home that delivered fresh patries. She would place an order over the phone for some of her mom's favorite things: muffins, cookies, sweet rolls and they would deliver them. It was all charged to my friend's charge card. Her mom would report back on how good everything tasted.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining

I don't know how much you want to spend, but there are a lot of "Get Well" options at Winecountrygiftbaskets.com.

Here is an example:

Paradise Tropical Fruit, Nut and Cheese Collection - FREE STANDARD SHIPPING - Item No: 838

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Silver Lining

I love the Harry & David pears, but I have only bought from them directly.

Thanks, lola. She and her husband love fresh fruit. I've received gifts like that a few times. Some were better than others and she probably wouldn't tell me although I could contact the company for a replacement. She loves pears.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Silver Lining

I don't know how much you want to spend, but there are a lot of "Get Well" options at Winecountrygiftbaskets.com.

Here is an example:

Paradise Tropical Fruit, Nut and Cheese Collection - FREE STANDARD SHIPPING - Item No: 838

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for the website!

Esteemed Contributor

I like shoptilyadropagain, kdgn and Lola's ideas.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Winkk. Good to know that you've had good results.