Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for an 11 year old girl's birthday from Grandma & Grandpa HELP!!

The beauty shop that I go to does birthday parties for little girls that are nail painting.  You can choose just toes or fingers or both. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for an 11 year old girl's birthday from Grandma & Grandpa HELP!!

Something related to a  summer activity. Any sport she might like to try. Anything to get these kids out of the house and moving.

Another idea, My grandmother gave me a tiny ruby ring she had had in her jewelry box when I was about your grand daughter"s age. I still have it. If you have a little chain that you never wear, or some tiny thing she could treasure of yours. Don't give away the family jewels, kids do loose things.

Respected Contributor

Time.....lunch with grandma & grandpa (her choice on restaurant) and shopping. Have her pick out what she wants.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps a gift card to a local department store to do some shopping for clothes or shoes?  

A jewelry item might work like a bracelet or necklace.  Those Alex and Ani type bracelets are popular around here.  When I was 11, my grandma gave me a simple gold chain with a charm.  I still wear and cherish it.

Money is always welcome.  If you decide to do that, consider including a personal note in the card.  My son says he loves it when his grandparents share stories with him.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would also go with gift cards or cash personally, so she can buy what she wants. 

Find out if she has a 'favorite' store or what her 'likes' are (i.e., makeup, video games, music, movies). 

As mentioned in an above post, Justice is a very popular store for girls of this age, with clothing and lots of accessory items.

Claire's is also popular for inexpensive jewelry items, if she's into jewelry, but not ready for the expensive jewelry.

Even a gift card for stores that carry a wide variety of items to choose from, like WalMart.

Most gift cards can be purchased/used online as well as in stores.

Happy birthday to her!Heart

ETA: Both Claire's and Justice have websites where you can buy/use their gift cards, as well as look at the cute stuff they carry.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would check with the parents.  They probably know what she might want rather than buying something that she wouldn't want or use!  Some things that older people think are clever and cute to buy are often for someone younger the one having the birthday and since this is a way different generation it is better to just stick with cash if you do not know for sure what she would like and want.

Honored Contributor

It depends on what you want to spend.  A necklace with a heart, a very small crossbody purse, gift card.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Does she enjoy arts and crafts?  If so, a gift card to Micahels or Hobby Lobby may work.

Trusted Contributor

Cash or gift card.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Does she like Lego's?  They have many sets for girls, and even the more advanced architectural series.   My grand-niece is soon to be 14 and I gave her the Eiiffel Tower kit for Christmas last year.  She loves Lego's.