Frequent Contributor

Re: Need suggestion for washer and dryer set

Spped Queen is the way to go!!! Love ours, you can't go wrong with Commerical Grade.  They are not much more expensive than lesser quality.  These are prjected to last 25 years.  I will nver buy appliances again without going to an appliance store.  

Respected Contributor

I have an LG front load washer and dryer and have been happy with them.

Esteemed Contributor

I've always had good luck with GE appliances. When my Sears washer/dryer died a couple of years ago after 17 years, I went to Lowes and purchased a basic, easy to use GE washer and dryer. I love it and it's perfect for my needs (just the two of us retired seniors)! Purchase, delivery and set-up all went smoothly.

Occasional Contributor

@lynne6was7 @I had the same problem because I wanted to rinse out my measuring cups too.  I found a Youtube video that showed how to use a wooden clothespins to clamp onto the metal that caused the machine to stop the water.  I think I googled Speed Queen hack to keep water running when opening the lid.  It's awkward to position the clothespin because you need to reach over the top and back and reach up under an opening in the back.  

Another method was to remove the lid and use strong magnets placed inside the machine somewhere to hold the metal piece from stopping the water when you raise the lid.  I've only had to replace the clothespins once because we moved the washer and it fell off.  Another time it shifted and I just repositioned it and my hack has lasted for over 5 years.  

You also can add more water manually on the non electronic washers, by turning to the reset button position, and holding it in place to add another inch or two.  

Hope this helps!  

Occasional Contributor

snickers8 would suggest you call SQ concerning dryer issue. I did and they mailed me free of charge a grided "cover" for the dryer vent so they are very aware of this issue. I love my SQ set after dumping a Whirlpool set only four years old still working. I decided life is too short at my age (mid 60's) to put up with a laundry pair I hated as much as I hated the Whirlpool. Seriously LOVE my SQ. Never looked back and when they resolved the lint filter issue for me, that told me they were customer service oriented. I expect this pair to last me for the rest of my life. The salesperson gave me a tip and told me to never use the water saver button and it fills the machine depending on the load size you choose. I'm a happy SQ owner.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. Going shopping this weekend. I really appreciate all the info.. I do research also but like to get opinions from real people who really use the product s..thanks again!

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone! appreciate the time you took to answer

Honored Contributor

@marzi 1 : Speed Queen worth the purchase. I wasted so much money trying three other brands.