Super Contributor

Need suggestion for washer and dryer set

Whats the best washer and dryer set that is easy to use?? Dont want to have to take a computer course in order to do laundry..ha

Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestion for washer and dryer set

love my speed queens......purchased them about 3 years ago. pricey, but they are dependable, work well, and i can adjust the water setting.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Hi @marzi 1 ,

Happy New Year!

Love my SPEEDQUEEN set, super efficient, superbly easy and gets the job done with very little effort on my part! Winner!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Another SPEED QUEEN lover here!   Dependable, user-friendly.   I've had so many others with bells and whistles I never ever used.   Wasted money.  I don't know, maybe SQ makes models with all those.  I bought the one with the fewest options and absolutely love it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've got my eye on a set by Amana. No-frills operation, good customer reviews and they are made right here in the USA. You can get the set for under a thousand dollars.

My washer/dryer are on the verge...any day now.

I want basic (no computer stuff on it) and this set is as basic as it gets:

(washer has a 'deep water wash option')

3073087cv13d.jpg

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why not do your homework by going to online resources that review appliances for a living? You're only getting a narrow view point from a few on this forum.

Honored Contributor

The ones with the fewer bells and whistles are going to be the easiest to operate, the least expensive and the less likely to have repair problems.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a link where we were discussing this in Nov.

I just bought a new Samsung about 2 months ago.

You can find more threads if you search new washing machine.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/Need-recommendations-for-a-new-washing-machine/m-p/6601093#M226750

Honored Contributor

@marzi 1 

We are happy with our pair of LG.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We got GE machines this time.  I like them fine, but there IS definitely a learning curve if you have not purchased new ones for a long time.

One BIG thing, and I just lucked out here because I didn't know ahead of time, is to make sure that the washer has some sort of 'extra fill' option.  They don't fill as much as they used to and that can be problematic.   Before I realized it, I tried the machine and saw that the water didn't even come up to the top of the clothes.    I ended up calling GE with some questions (they were great, BTW) and she explained it to me and that I had that option, so I use it 100% of the time.  It doesn't mean it puts in an excess of water.  It juste puts it up to the top of the clothes.

I'm a 'top load' girl, so I never even entertained doing a front-loader.   I've just heard way too many problems with them over the years.