Honored Contributor

Need rec for men’s white crew socks

[ Edited ]

Hi, All. I need to replacemmy husband’s white crew socks. We have not had to do this in the last three years, so I’m hoping for some input from those that have recently purchased some. I want to avoid buying him any that get a hole in the toe box right away or are too tight around the top of the calf. He usually wears ones that are white with a gray foot and toe, but all white is fine too. They must be chlorine bleachable cotton. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need rec for men’s white crew socks

Go to goldtoe dot com. I purchased 30 pairs of socks - different lengths and colors 6 years ago - and they're still perfect. They also sell men's socks. They have sales often - and u can also check out retailmenot dot com - for another discount.

Honored Contributor

Hi kiva. The problem I keep running into is a steady decline in quality from manufacturers. That is why I’m looking for recent purchases. I will check out your site rec though. Sounds like a possibility. Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband swears by Carhart socks. I'm not sure if they are all cotton but boy they hold up well. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not cotton, but Duluth Trading "Everyday Work" crew socks are excellent - durable, elastic doesn't rip out of the top, no holes after two years.  I do the laundry and they wash and dry very well.

DH is extremely picky.  I have tried all kinds with him and he raves about them.  Item #70706.

He likes the lightweight version but there is a heavier work crew sock in the same fabric (item #39027), and they do offer a cotton blend (50% organic cotton - item # 62202).  

Not exactly what you were looking for, but food for thought if you're comparing what's in the marketplace.  As I said, my DH is infuriatingly picky about socks; he hoards these.  Duluth quality is generally excellent and work tested.  Buy online, or there may be a store in your area.  There is one here.  Ship to store is free.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I switched to Dickies because my husband tends to get holes in the heels and these appear to hold up better. 

Respected Contributor

Ralph Lauren

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

my s/o prefers nike or gold toe.

my son prefers the stance brand.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

My guys get Gold Toe or Hanes.  They're happy.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

My guys get Gold Toe or Hanes.  They're happy.

My husband’s are Hanes. Have you bought some recently?