Contributor

Hi...

I need a new cell phone...

Easy to set up and easy to use...

I am not very tech savy, hence the simple to use...

Would like a smart phone and a reliable cell company...

Have Verizon now and they charge an arm and a leg...

Any suggestions?

Have a good week!

Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need new cell phone....

[ Edited ]

@Neversaynever3dogs  My husband's cell phone quit charging so he bought a new one last month.  It cost $750 and his plan runs $70 a month for unlimited calling. The phone and the plan are AT&T.   His last new phone he bought in 2017. I guess four years is about as long as they last?

Esteemed Contributor

T-mobil customer... was Sprint.  Got a new IPhone 12.  Expensive but the camera is amazing.... better than my Nikon and Canon.  For me it is well worth it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Need new cell phone....

[ Edited ]

@Neversaynever3dogs wrote:

Any suggestions?

Have a good week!

Thanks! 

@Neversaynever3dogs 

My brother has an iPhone & Verizon is his carrier.  He recently "negotiated" his plan.  He now pays $35/monthly (taxes included) for the "unlimited senior" plan.  Down from $70/monthly.  They threw in $500 for an iPhone upgrade.  Now he is going to upgrade to an iPhone 12 which he was saving for as a gift to himself for his birthday.  Not the Pro. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Verizon is not a good carrier in my area (even though it should be).  Dropped calls all the time.  Dumped them years ago.  We have less wireless choices since the merger of Sprint and Tmobile.  

First figure out how much you're willing to spend for a smart phone.  (Even though you're not tech saavy).  

Next figure out of you want IOS or Android (more choices with Android)

Get on the net and look at JD Power Rankings

Look at reviews on yourtube

A lot of times you can get a new good deal as a "new customer."  Free phones, (most have unlimited data nowadays) for one set price.  @Neversaynever3dogs 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

DH and I bought new phones at in November, Samsung Galaxy unlocked. His is an S20 FE, amazing phone, currently $598, mine was a lesser model ( very good) for $250. These are complicated phones so we took them to Verizon and had them set them up ( I tipped $20 for each phone; well worth it). I'm going to go back and see if we can't switch to the Senior plan, as earlier poster suggested.  Our phones were at least $100 cheaper each and I love buying from Amazon ( quick service, easy returns ).

Honored Contributor

We used to have Verizon. Paid $$$$ every month. And so we decided to check out Consumer Cellular about 6 years ago. With Consumer Cellular we pay 1/2 of what our monthly bill used to be with Verizon.

Two months ago we were notified that they could no longer offer support to my phone. I would have to upgrade to a more recent model of phone. And Consumer Cellular charged me $20 for the new model. Does everything I want and need.

Can't beat that.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my IPhone.I have Boostmobile as my carrier. It cost $60 a month for both my iPhone & my husbands. We get unlimited talk, text & data. The service is excellent.It's owned by Sprint.I've checked & haven't found a better deal.

Honored Contributor

@Neversaynever3dogs    If you're on a budget and don't want to invest a lot in the project, I bought a nice Samsung smart phone at HSN for about $80.  I don't use a phone much and have a lot of accumulated minutes from buying new phones (you usually get 1500 with the phone).  So every year I buy a year of service time for $50., which means my cell costs me a little over $4/month.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Neversaynever3dogs wrote:

Hi...

I need a new cell phone...

Easy to set up and easy to use...

I am not very tech savy, hence the simple to use...

Would like a smart phone and a reliable cell company...

Any suggestions?

Have a good week!

Thanks! 

Will the cell phone be your main phone?  In other words, do you still have a landline?  If so, with Verizon they say you can save on your monthly bill by bundling both services and/or fios. @Neversaynever3dogs 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life