Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need info on who will pay the dr bills for my granddaughter who got hit by a car

@DesertdiRead the original post. The father had the Police Report. Geeze.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

Re: Need info on who will pay the dr bills for my granddaughter who got hit by a car

Thanks for all your replies. I am aware this is not my problem. I never even thought of it as my problem. 😳😳. I live a thousand miles away from my son.

Your replies are much appreciated.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ditzydori wrote:
Omg. No need for that nasty reply!! Equuleus. He is handling it for gods sake. Did you have a bad day? If so no need to come on here and answer the way you did. Get a life.

The first thing I want to say is thank God your granddaughter is okay.  My Lindsay is 15 too.  Secondly, the insurance company  will have to go after the woman who drove the car.  Thirdly, Equuleus is new on the boards, hopefully she or he will learn to be nice to people, being nasty doesn't cut it.  Sadly, we need to have a thick skin around here and learn to ignore the nasty ones, it isn't easy.  Good luck to you and the family.  Let us know how it all comes out. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Ditzydori - if your son lives in a No-Fault state (Personal Injury Protection), his auto insurance would cover the medical bills.

Respected Contributor

Your son called the driver's insurance company?  Big mistake; could be costly.  The driver's insurance doesn't cover this?  What would you expect them to say?

Your son should have called HIS insurance company and let them handle it.  That's what his insurance is for, especially for his children's protection.

He may also need a lawyer; I have no idea.  As for the deductible, the driver's insurance should pay the whole freight; that's what his insurance company deals with.  If he has to pay his deductile, HER insurance company should pay the entire bill and he should be reimbursed for whatever he ha to pay.  As for "government auto insurance", the only one I know of tht has "government" in it's name is GEICO, and that ain't government-sponsored insurance.  As for HIS rates going up, I doubt it.  

Your son ought to know that when insurance is involved, he contacts HIS company first and fast and NEVER gets personally involved with the other party's company.

Trusted Contributor

Is it your son's auto insurance that is assisting him?

I am not sure I understand why that would have to be.

Your granddaughter was walking when she was hit. 

As a medical claim adjuster why is the health insurance not covering the accident.

A subrogation claim would be started and if your son gets an attorney, if there is a settlement the health insurance company gets reimbursed.

Perhaps something he can look into.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Your son called the driver's insurance company?  Big mistake; could be costly.  The driver's insurance doesn't cover this?  What would you expect them to say?

Your son should have called HIS insurance company and let them handle it.  That's what his insurance is for, especially for his children's protection.

He may also need a lawyer; I have no idea.  As for the deductible, the driver's insurance should pay the whole freight; that's what his insurance company deals with.  If he has to pay his deductile, HER insurance company should pay the entire bill and he should be reimbursed for whatever he ha to pay.  As for "government auto insurance", the only one I know of tht has "government" in it's name is GEICO, and that ain't government-sponsored insurance.  As for HIS rates going up, I doubt it.  

Your son ought to know that when insurance is involved, he contacts HIS company first and fast and NEVER gets personally involved with the other party's company.

I'm not sure why you would think or say that but I don't think that's true.

Honored Contributor

@Ditzydori @Lindsays Grandma  Equualess (or however you spell the name) is not new and is known for rudeness. Many of us believe it's another poster who has been banned and keeps coming back under a different name. The best thing one can do is to ignore such a person as they don't care to "learn" since they're a troll.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Ditzydori wrote:
Omg. No need for that nasty reply!! Equuleus. He is handling it for gods sake. Did you have a bad day? If so no need to come on here and answer the way you did. Get a life.

The first thing I want to say is thank God your granddaughter is okay.  My Lindsay is 15 too.  Secondly, the insurance company  will have to go after the woman who drove the car.  Thirdly, Equuleus is new on the boards, hopefully she or he will learn to be nice to people, being nasty doesn't cut it.  Sadly, we need to have to a thick skin around here and learn to ignore the nasty ones, it isn't easy.  Good luck to you and the family.  Let us know how it all comes out. Heart

Yep, mods are watching. She'll learn purty soon. LOL

Respected Contributor

I think this would be handled through your son's health insurer and not your son's auto insurer. This was reported as an accident when your granddaughter showed up at the ER, her health insurance would initially pay the bills and then go after the driver's auto insurance for reimbursement of the cost of medical treatment and your son's deductible payment.

He should probably call his health insurance company for verification. He could also get a lawyer if he believes your granddaughter is entitled to compensation for pain and suffering (which is a payment above and beyone the full cost of her medical treatment).