Respected Contributor

Re: Need ideas for a birthday party

@lolakimono  awesome idea !! thanks, I will do that ! The party will be at a clubhouse so that fits right in. 

Respected Contributor

@simplyfriends  very helpful !! thanks so much. I didn't see anything like this on the internet of course I am not a pro at searching for stuff like this.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

You could do a QR code, with a trivia question about your friend.  One question per "hole" or table.

You can generate QR codes at sites like this one.

https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/

You could make score cards and have guests score it like golf.  If they get the question right, they get a three, but if they get it wrong they score a six.  Buy golf pencils so that each guest has one to write with.  Maybe holes 4, 7, and 13 could have "sand traps", where if they miss the challenge question they have additional points tacked on. Sort of a "who knows him best" and maybe have different questions have different "pars" all to add up to a fine score of 65.   Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   I don't have any great party ideas, but for Christmas I gave my brother a jar of golf tees with his favorite NFL team on them.  QVC item C216102.

Honored Contributor

For 80 guests, rent a hall and decorate from there.  Seeing all those people, should make him very happy.  That would be worth the expense truly. (To me.) Check on line, YouTube for tutorials on "parties."  Even see the ones on decorating from Dollar Tree, for ideas you could do.  YouTube is loaded with stuff like that.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

You should tell us something about the guy; his likes/dislikes, hobbies, interests etc.  More important than that what is your  budget and where are you going to have this party?

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimonoawesome party idea.  Love it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Will the party be a surprise?  Are you planning on hosting the party at your home or at a club, restaurant, etc? How far after the Super Bowl is his birthday?