Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@hyacinth003 Here's my guess. Woman Wink Woman LOL

Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7jeYJA9bgY

I like the way you talk, I like the things you wear
I want your number tattooed on my arm in ink, I swear
'Cause when the morning comes, I know you won't be there
Every time I turn around, you disappear.......

@MorningLover 

Yes, thank you, that's it!  I tried all sorts of combos and it didn't come up.

I enjoyed hearing it this way!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with a song

[ Edited ]

This happened to me a few months ago also.

I heard a snippet of a song that was used to end a radio show.  I thought it was catchy, and wondered what it was.  I did actually think of calling the radio station!!

What I THOUGHT I was hearing was "fashion, fashion, fashion, live, live, live."  I started my search with NO IDEA what it was.  I don't know what I put into the search to finally come up with it.  Because I was completely WRONG about what it said!

The song is "Flashing Lights" by Kanye West.

I decided I like it and have played it a lot!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

@hyacinth003 Here's my guess. Woman Wink Woman LOL

Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7jeYJA9bgY

I like the way you talk, I like the things you wear
I want your number tattooed on my arm in ink, I swear
'Cause when the morning comes, I know you won't be there
Every time I turn around, you disappear.......

@MorningLover 

Yes, thank you, that's it!  I tried all sorts of combos and it didn't come up.

I enjoyed hearing it this way!

Hyacinth

LOL - it helps if we're searching for the right lyrics!

@MorningLover - Thanks for putting us all out of our misery.  No wonder some of us couldn't find it.  I looked at that song, but it didn't match the original post.  Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

I have missed so many good songs because I kept forgetting about using this free app that will help identify what you're hearing.

My husband and I were eating in a restaurant a couple of years ago and were enjoying the music that was being playing in the restaurant.

I asked the server about the music, and she helped my husband put the app on his phone.

It's called Shazam, and it will let you know what's playing when you like something that you're hearing. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help with a song

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

Hey @Kachina624  what was the song? 

@godi    "The Last Farewell" sung by Roger Whitaker.

https://youtu.be/sGWs1HK8iDU

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Thanks. I have never heard this song before but I really l;ike it so I posted it on my page. The singer is easy on the eyes as well

Respected Contributor

I saw this thread and was intrigued.  I really don't know the song by what is being described.  This has happened to me too.  It drives me NUTS!  Sorry, hon that I don't really know but here's something that happened to me one morning while getting ready for work....

I had on Harry Harrison, the "oldies" station.  The guy on the radio said, if anyone can finish this line in the song call.  Well, the song was the Stones, the line in the song that YOU had to complete to win was..."Just like a union jack".  I knew it very easily so I called.  I ACTUALLY WON a trip to the caribbean.  Can't remember which island but the man on the radio, after I completed the line said YES THAT IS RIGHT!  YOU WIN!  I was FLABBERGASTED!  He then sounded like a different person as he said to me.  Okay, just follow my lead as we go on air.  I ALMOST DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I WAS SO SCARED BUT I WAS EVEN MORE AFRAID TO CHICKEN OUT!!!!!   LOL!!  Well, I followed his lead and after we hung up, I had to sit down and let my heart slow.  The next day, Harry Harrison said my name on the radio and the prize I won.  I actually declined the trip because I had to pay taxes on it and I was not in a good financial position at the time.  What a fiasco!!!   How's that for a laugh!    LOL!!!!!!!  Actually I was working for the surrogate in my county at the time and Harry Harrison's wife died and he came to the surrogate to probate her will.  WE ALL FLEW TO THE SWINGING DOOR TO LOOK AT HIM!!!  He was waving at us all very graciously, his face was very red, I mean he looked like he had been crying so I felt terrible.  The boss told us all, don't bother him!  Leave him alone!  I loved my boss and he loved me but he was right.  We all just kept looking but backed away.  oh boy, crazy life.!!