Honored Contributor

Need help with a person's name who quotes, or it's the title of the quote.

Here I go again, I tried to Google it, but I couldn't talk to it, so maybe someone will get what I'm after. I'll know it when I read it.

I think it's a quote, that is either called Desidera, or It's by someone with a name like that. It's stuck in a cobweb in my brain, and I can't get it out. If you might have any Idea, please mention it. It's like a song stuck in my head. I wish I could remember what it is even about but, of course not. Man, cobwebs need dusting out! LOL. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with a person's name who quotes, or it's the title of the quote.

Desiderata (Latin: "desired things") is a 1927 prose poem by American writer Max Ehrmann.      Is this what you are looking for?

Honored Contributor

Brilliant! I think that's it, I'll check further and be sure. Thank you so much! @silkyk

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's IT!!! thank you ladies. I came to the right place.

Be gone  you webs!!! In the brain. (mine). LOL

@Preds, @silkyk

Honored Contributor

I have it hanging in my basement room.   Have had it since the late seventies?/ eighties.  It's on antiqued paper.  I think I'll bring it upstairs and frame it.  It wouldn't hurt to read it each week. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I have it hanging in my basement room.   Have had it since the late seventies?/ eighties.  It's on antiqued paper.  I think I'll bring it upstairs and frame it.  It wouldn't hurt to read it each week. 

@ROMARY, after the above ladies helped me, I found it on line, in calligraphy. I copied it, laminated it, and need to dig out a frame. I think it's that good. Thank goodness they knew what I was talking about, since I'm getting tarp as a shack lately. Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

That is something that it was penned in the 1920s! I remember first seeing it in my college bookstore in 1968. The message is timeless, appropriate for each new generation.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal ... Just get your dust bunnies to move your cobwebs.  That's what I have to do... often. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

How funny this should come up.  I'm in a book club and this word came up in whatever we were reading.  The retired English Lit teacher didn't know it, I did, and only because it was the word of the day on Dictionary dot com the week before.  I highly recommend that service.  They email you one word a day, a small step I can handle.  I'm not up to learning a bunch of new words at once, like in a quiz.  Desiderata is Latin plural, the singular is desideratum.  Confusing, eh?