Occasional Contributor

Need help with Hartsfield Airport, please

I will  need to go from Concourse C to Concourse B in order to catch a connecting flight.

Can someone who is familiar with the airport tell me how far apart the plane train and walking sidewalk is on Concourse C if I arrive at say, for example, Gate 34?

If I understand it correctly, the plane train stops at all Concourses. If I'm wrong, please tell me.

Also, are there a lot of signs telling me where to go?

I'm flying Delta if that makes a difference.

I've never been in the airport.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with Hartsfield Airport, please

Google Hartsfield Airport Map.

Regular Contributor

Concourse C is one away from Concourse B.  Here is a link that shows the layout.  Gate C34 is close to the area that connects the concourses so it looks like you shouldn't have much problem

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/docs/terminal/Concourse-C.pdf

Honored Contributor

Good luck. Best advice, study the map someone posted.

Honored Contributor

I've had a few layovers in Atlanta and I've never had a problem with connecting flights. I've also flown Delta. Your gate is not far from the escalator to the train, which runs all of the time. Once you're on the train, you'll get off at "B" and it will be an easy walk to your gate. The signs are helpful, and the announcements on the train are loud and clear. I don't know about the sidewalks. If you have allowed yourself enough time between flights, you will have no problem. It's a nice airport!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Georgia girl and this is my airport.  You just take the escalator down and hop on the train (which runs every few minutes) and go one stop.  Then, you will take an escalator up to your B gate.  There are clear signs directing you all the way.  It should take you about 15 minutes, depending on how far down your B gate is, and if you are a brisk walker.

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

I'm a Georgia girl and this is my airport.  You just take the escalator down and hop on the train (which runs every few minutes) and go one stop.  Then, you will take an escalator up to your B gate.  There are clear signs directing you all the way.  It should take you about 15 minutes, depending on how far down your B gate is, and if you are a brisk walker.

I'm from Atlanta and dawg lover explained it perfectly.  It's easy.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

There is plenty of signage.  The airport is huge, so plan for a lot of walking even though there is a train and moving sidewalks.  I like to go straight to the gate and hang out there.  I always have the good fortune of being on the plane that gets switched to another gate.

Respected Contributor

I go through a lot and always take the plane train. When you get off of the plane, just follow the signs that go to the train, it is a long walk any way you go. Then go down the escalator, get on the train and off the train at your gait. The train announces the gates and there are also signs. Get off, go up the escalator and walk to your gait. The airport is very crowded If your final destination is Atlanta just take the train to the terminal and baggage claim. Last year, I stayed in Atlanta and it was easy for me to find car rental but like I said it is a long walk so wear comfortable shoes. I always wear my fitbit so I can get steps. 

Respected Contributor

Annie, you have the info you need now, but just to point out something.  (I am totally into visual cues when I am in a hurry). 

The signage about gates and trains--excellent, but in case you get disoriented in a new place: The escalator down to the train is at the rear of the food court area, which is in the middle of every terminal.  Like the junction of two arms.  So go to the .middle of the gates, not to the end for the train.

Also:  If your turnaround time is at all generous be sure to check for a gate change.  Often, often, there are gate changes to new terninals between when I leave my home airport and when I arrive in Atlanta/Harfield.  It'll be fine, though.  This is a great airport--just check the gates on the overhead displays to be sure and go to the center of the gates.

It's a great airport, easy transfers, but they change gates regularly so just check on the overhead lists of flights.  Delta has gates at several of the Atlanta terminals so they have wiggle room to change.