Honored Contributor

Need help finding evaporated milk without carrageenan

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone. I've been trying to find a canned evaporated milk that doesn't contain carrageenan. I've searched using Google and I've checked with searches on sites such as Amazon and Walmart. My searches within companies might not be listed when searching with the terms " without carrageenan" or similar  search terms. Does anyone know of a product? 

If I can't find a product I'll buy just a shelf stable whole milk such as Parmalat. I was trying to buy both kinds and to buy shelf stable almond and soy milks from Almond Breeze. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help finding evaporated milk without carrageenan

I use this whole milk powder. Tastes really good. I use that in my coffee instead of non-dairy creamer which I prefer not to consume.

NESTLE NIDO Fortificada Dry Milk 56.4 Ounce Canister

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use this whole milk powder. Tastes really good. I use that in my coffee instead of non-dairy creamer which I prefer not to consume.

NESTLE NIDO Fortificada Dry Milk 56.4 Ounce Canister

@SilleeMee @Thanks. I didn't know I could get whole milk powder in a can. I've only seen it in boxes. This might work. Can it be added to room temperature instant coffee in water? 

Wow, I just checked the product at Amazon and it even has Vitamin C added. Good to know this exists. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I add it to my coffee just as I would with non-dairy powdered creamers. You can also add water to the powder in a glass or pitcher to make drinkable whole milk. Add more powder and it can get creamier, richer.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  Would canned organic coconut milk suit you?

Esteemed Contributor

Google "shopping guide to avoiding organic foods with carrageenan"

Too big to copy/paste

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Mindy D  Would canned organic coconut milk suit you?

@JeanLouiseFinch @I'm not sure how it would be in coffee or cereal. I would need a brand without carrageenan. 

Honored Contributor

Carrageenan seems to be in everything.  I'm a big label reader and try to avoid it, but sometimes I just can't. Lots of brands of heavy whipping cream have it, but fortunately the half gallon carton of Horizon Organics at Costco does not. 

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Google "shopping guide to avoiding organic foods with carrageenan"

Too big to copy/paste

@Zhills @Thanks for this guide. I've saved it to my iPad files. I wish these companies would quit adding carrageenan. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Carrageenan seems to be in everything.  I'm a big label reader and try to avoid it, but sometimes I just can't. Lots of brands of heavy whipping cream have it, but fortunately the half gallon carton of Horizon Organics at Costco does not. 

@JeanLouiseFinch @I buy Organic Valley half and half and cream. No carrageenan in these products and great taste. Thanks for this tip. When I shop from Costco I'll remember this.