Respected Contributor

Need help buying exterior shutters

[ Edited ]

We are replacing our exterior shutters on our house to put on the raised panel kind. Ours are very old louvered shutters.

I am looking to buy Bright White raised panel shutters to go on our house.

Where did anyone purchase at a good deal, good quality and good service if any problem with them? 

My husband will install them. I was looking on Home Depot and they had what I wanted but you have to order online. I can’t see what they will look like in person. Builders Edge was the brand I saw.

Thank you for any feedback.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need help buying exterior shutters

Just my opinion - have never liked the raised panel style.  Looks ....BARN - ish.

Respected Contributor

No more colonial. It is going on a ranch style home.

2BA6B588-99CD-4792-B2E8-5DFEDF026977.png

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ended up ordering them on Home Depot. Good price and no shipping. My husband is painting the house today and said to order them.

Respected Contributor

I have those on the back of my house.  They are vinyl, no maintenance.  They look just fine to me, and the neighbors complemented them.

Respected Contributor

I purchased mine at Home Depot as well, almost, 20 years ago.  Mine are the louvered ones.  I am very pleased with them and they have held up well.  I've painted them black, twice, just to freshen them up.  They take well to paint and look brand new!  Enjoy your purchase!