Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on Berlin, Ohio/Holmes County

This post has been removed by QVC. Things became off topic here!

Regular Contributor

@Loveac we've been to Ohio's Amish country many times and it's very enjoyable.

For ideas of what to do / visit, and where to do it, try visitamishcountry.com and browse that website.  If you sign in, they will snail mail you a packet of info and a fold-out map of the Amish places and back roads, as well as send you e-mail notices of upcoming events, such as:

Saturday, April 9

Ryan & Friends Comedy Show

Thursday, April 14

Beasts & Brews

Saturday, April 16

Stockdale Family Band Bluegrass and Gospel Show

April 20-23

Keim Lumber Anniversary Sale

Friday, April 29

Country Jamboree

Saturday, April 30

Berlin Barn Storming

May 6-7

Dandelion May Fest

Saturday, May 7

Antiques In The Alley

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for Holmes With A View.  They have single and double units.  One of the single units (#5) has the most beautiful view.  This is a beautiful place.  Make your reservations early.  Gorgeous countryside.  You won't find a better view.  All of the units have kitchens.  The owners stock them with coffee, teas, sweet rolls, popcorn, and utensils/plates/cups. 

Valued Contributor

We like to drive the back roads and I forgot how good The Amish Door Restaurant is as well.  We also stop at the thrift shop every time we go.  I have found some great bargains.

We love to go to the Amish ran "bent and dents'.  You have to watch the dates on things but we have picked up some great bargains on Keurig coffee and the like.

If you sew or quilt there is a fabric and quilt shop in Charm but if you are looking for more to do in that small village there isn't much for sure.

Heini's cheese is a great place to go as they have samples. You can also see them make cheese.  If you find Troyers Market it's pretty neat, too but beware of getting out of there.  It's on a hill at a busy intersection and it's a free for all to get out. It's do-able but I think they need a stop light there!