Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need a fast gift and I don't have a gift closet!

@dex  A big winning would make the gift even more fun!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14. Your ideas are great.  Try your local Hallmark store.  They have everything you mentioned.

Enjoy the party!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tons of wine -related gifts out there now- for after they have parked the RV for the nite.

Or, a nice bottle of red and a box of chocolates. Maybe the birthday girl will share with her wife. Depends on your budget. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva  They love wine and go to craft beer events I think or did.  I'd like to include that maybe but I would have no idea what to get them.  I don't drink it.  What would be a general crowd pleaser if I did try and get them a bottle? 

Respected Contributor

For the heck of it, one year I gave my nephew 3 scratch off lottery tickets for his birthday.  2 winning tickets -- 1 for $3, the other $500.  Not too shabby.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 If you're making an RV trip home package how about adding some magazines? I like the idea of snacks, dog treats, and magazines. Maybe a coffee shop gift card.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Laura14- You've gotten some great suggestions from everyone here, but I have to say that, if you'd listened to the QVC hosts, as you should have, you'd have a gift closet full of items to choose from and no running to the store!  Let this be a lesson to you for the future.   Woman LOL

I think it's wonderful of you to want to include your sister's wife in this gift.  That's very thoughtful and I'm sure will be appreciated.

I also vote for including some little treats for the furbabies.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Hey Ms Laura, wonder if the ladies are wine drinkers. What about a bottle or two? I also like the idea of mugs, make them travel or nice coffee mugs. Toss in a couple of bags of nice ground coffees (go with a medium roast unless you know otherwise).

I was going to suggest going to a local Hallmark if you have one in town, there's always great things there, but I also then read you said not a girlie girl, understandable.

What about a couple of really nice scarves, these could be nice too.

Respected Contributor

Not sure if someone already mentioned this but since you are considering travel mugs, I absolutely love my Yeti cup/mug.  Sporting goods stores and hardware stores may have them.  They keep cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot for hours.  No need to keep stopping for hot coffee on long road trips.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli  You are reading my mind.  I am going to head to the sporting goods section and outdoor part because I think they would appreciate something like that for the travel mugs.  

@PINKdogWOOD  Love the scarf idea!  I don't think you can ever have enough in CO although the ones here in GA may not be up to snuff but I like it!