Honored Contributor

I also thought of the "Poo Pouri". I hate (yes hate!!!) these kind if things and whom ever came up w/it is living in a different world. In todays economy there are NO white elephant gifts. 

Excuse the rant!!

Respected Contributor

I have a ton of ink pens and tablets of paper and coffee mugs. Maybe a configuration of those items.

good luck and have fun at the gift exchange!

Honored Contributor

Thought of something. Trying to address so doesn't get poofed. After we women pass a certain age there are plastic bags of stuff we no longer need or use. That is an idea.

Respected Contributor

I agree with @candys mine 

I would try to speak with someone familiar with this gift exchange.  

The last gift exchange I went to was to be a $10.00 gift suitable for men or women.  I chose a nice Christmas Yankee Jar Candle.  well......  When the exchange was finally started after dinner, I saw that everyone had purchased gifts well over $10.00.  Bottles of liquor and wine, and some other expensive gifts.  😳😳😳😳

The lady that got my candle was annoyed and very vocal about it.  I felt like two cents.....

Sadly I had to attend the same Christmas function the next year and I told them I did not care to take part in the exchange.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties Applause to you!!!

Here some more ideas for WE:

VHS tapes

Phones w/dial

Valued Contributor

Count me in the group that hates this type of thing.  It's right up there with the office gift exchange.  Glad I'm out of that.

There are a lot of good suggestions here, but the VHS tapes or music cassettes would be good.  I could gift a stadium full of people with those.

Valued Contributor

@4kitties 

That woman was just plain rude.  I don't blame you one bit for opting out.  

Same thing happened years ago at an office gift exchange.   

A co-worker received a beautiful top.  She held it up in front of everyone and said, "I don't wear anything like that, what were you thinking?"

The woman who gave it to her was in tears.  I felt so bad for her.  The recipient was my superior and I couldn't say anything.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'd look for a strange food item, a gag gift, a roll of toilet paper.  Or you could go a little more practical, unique key ring, nightlight...the list is long.

Esteemed Contributor

I like this idea for a white elephant.

D8974210-1DB7-4000-A017-00C758B1F5E8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

So it's a "give someone some trash from your house" party? It's not something I would do that. I'd just buy a vase or something from Walmart and wrap that up. I did attend White Elephant parties years ago; but they were not like your party.