Respected Contributor

Need Ideas Please - Organizing Vitamins, Supplements, etc

I need a better system. Some questions but appreciate any other input. tia

- Do you keep them alphabetical, by frequency (ie daily vs as needed), by type (capsules, liquid) or something else?

- Where in your home do you keep them since some need a cool place?

- What storage item do you use (ie cabinet, cupboard, drawer)?

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Ideas Please - Organizing Vitamins, Supplements, etc

I keep them in a plastic bin in their bottles and create a his and hers pile every am.  I used to put them in divider pill boxes for the week, but found either way is ok.

Honored Contributor

I have wire shelves on the door to my pantry where I keep my vitmains (among some other things).  I keep them grouped on how I take them.  For instance, certain vitamins I will take with food at lunch then I take a few others with dinner.  I take an additional two before I go to bed so those are in my night stand.

Not the most efficent but so far it works for me.

Honored Contributor

Alphabetically on a shelf in a cabinet in my home office.

Honored Contributor

I only take 4 different kinds (multi, Vitamin D, Calcium and a pre/probiotic).

The 4 bottles live in a kitchen cabinet. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

All my meds are on a shelf on my desk (in my office... you know, when the kids leave home, you get an office).  Woman Very Happy

Every night, I put the pills I have to take in a little glass candle holder.  I put them where I can SEE them, so I don't forget to take them!!!  I put the pills I take in the morning in another little glass candle holder, which I will see as soon as I get up in the morning.

So far, it works very well!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Rubbermaid/other clear storage containers with lids, and put them on a shelf in a specific closet.  They contain all of the original bottles and other packaging.

I organize my RX meds, OTC meds, & supplements by morning, afternoon, evening, and bedtime using an Ezy-Dose Four-A-Day pill organizer.

I do this every night for the next day's usage.

Been on multiple daily RX meds since I was a 19 and have taken daily supplements for decades so all of this is habit.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two of those 7 day pill organizer things, different colors, that I keep on top of my espresso maker in the kitchen so I remember to take my pills. I have am pills and pm pills. The bottles are kept in a drawer in the kitchen with other pills/medicines. It works for me.

Hubby keeps his pill organizer in his bathroom next to his waterpik. He only takes pills once a day and having on top of his bathroom counter works for him. (I have way too much on my bathroom counter...those pills would get lost. Lol.)

Basically, we just insure they are in visible locations.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Unopened jars are in a cabinet.  Those currently in use are in a plastic bin.  I have three embroidery floss organizers designated according to when I take whatever particular supplements - AM/empty stomach, with lunch, with dinner.  Each floss organizer has 32 wells so I can set up my supplements a month at a time. 

I also have a bunch of little plastics jars with three different colored lids for when we go away.  It's more convenient to use the jars than to bring three big organizers. Plus, I can easily stick a little jar in my purse when we go to eat,  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have black rectangular woven baskets that I keep on top of our black fridge...one for DH and one for me. We each keep all of our meds and supplements, etc in them. I label the top of each of my bottles with a sharpie to know what is inside; then put them with the tops showing. We both use medicine boxes with daily ssections for am/pm. Every Sunday we refill.  I put the vitamins in with my meds and take them mid-day. Meds are am and pm.  I hope this makes sense!