Esteemed Contributor

thank you NickNack. I'll try again.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

hey NickNack and all, I restarted my computer, then went back to change my avatar and this time it loaded instantly.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

I get nothing but a gray box when I click on "upload an avatar". This morning I did get the browse option, but since then just the plain, gray box. What am I doing wrong?

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor
I picked my Avatar from my pictures on my iPad and it displayed it horizontally for some reason . Now I have horizontal Eiffel Tower !!! Anybody knows how to rotate the image into normal position? TIA
Esteemed Contributor

lainey1, restart your computer. I did that yesterday after several failed attempts and after restarting, my pic loaded immediately.

Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

lainey1, restart your computer. I did that yesterday after several failed attempts and after restarting, my pic loaded immediately.

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work after I restarted my computer. I also tried shutting down completely and that didn't work either. I'm trying to do this on a Mac computer. No big deal, I can live with the icon they assigned me.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question.

Esteemed Contributor

sorry lainey1. I'm using a Mac too. I'm just figuring this stuff out as I go along here.

Honored Contributor

How about these for your avatar? 

Image result for MacDuff Image result for MacDuff Image result for MacDuff Image result for MacDuff Image result for lady Mac Duff

Respected Contributor

Well, for some reason it worked today! Maybe you only get the opportunity once a day?Smiley Happy  Too bad it's too small to really see what it is....

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thx for the response, ChynnaBlue!  You're right about "safe" being a broad term.  I've never heard of Geotagging, but I'm sure I wouldn't copy/paste/transfer personal photos from my cell or camera.  And probably not from photos located on my computer.  I was able (from work this morn, whereas I was not able from home last nite...difference betw Chrome at work and IE at home, maybe)...I was able to "cut/paste" an image from Bing a few minutes ago from work (EVEN THO I got a message saying the HTML was...whatever...not able to be used and had been auto removed, which is the same message I got at hm, but which did not post...go figure). 

Someone should post a topic where we can give each other detailed instructions on how to navigate this "new and exciting change" to the boards and show Q IT how to go-live properly.   A hot mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@MacDUFF  As far as cut and pasting photos I've found that some photos work and some won't with cut and paste----if one doesn't work I try another one and find one that does work.  As far as HTML and the message, sometimes it does remove the photo entirely, and other times it reformats it behind the scenes and posts just fine....you have to experiment or maybe someone has more detailed info on tips and tricks they have found.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”